support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Canada will have to wait

Taz

Busking Oracle
Locality
Rugby UK
Well, it looks like we won't be going to Canada.....yet! It's a shame, I was looking forward to the trip and the experience as well, but it's not to be. The promoters agent got back the other day, saying that the venues he'd been given were not suitable and that the trip would have to be put off pending further research. I'm not holding my breath!
It's not all doom and gloom though, it's in the bands contract that the promoter will get us a minimum of one gig a week and he says that he'll put 100% of his time and effort into getting us playing. I guess that means watch this space!

Pity Taz. Would have been a great experience. Still, you never know what might come up...

Awwww Man!! That's a real shame ... :shrug:

Sorry to hear that Taz ...

Still on the bright side - You won't have to leave your missus all alone with your credit card ... ;}

Man, what a disappointment, but stick with it. Long way to go and the door isn't really shut...

Sorry to hear that Taz, still life has a way of working out for the best though, perhaps there is a reason that is not yet apparent. Stay positive. :)

Jx

Thanks for the comments folks, to be honest, once I'd had time to think about it, it actually terrified me! I'm only a small time player, you know, small pubs and now, more recently small theatres too. But the thought of travelling (something I haven't done before, other than Europe by boat) thousands of miles to then play in large venues, scared me..... senseless!
Now it looks like we're going to be playing England and maybe some of Europe in the later part of the year I think I can settle into the way things work when your on tour!
As a matter of interest, has anyone else toured with a band (either out front or behind the scenes) and have you got any personal stories, anecdotes or advice?

Bad news mate. Canada is full of Scotsmen anyway.

A guitarist friend had bookings in the States with his band and found out when he got there that they had to find and pay for all hotels.

On the other hand my son's guitarist friend frequently tours in China with no adverse effects. It's all about planning and not taking anyone on face value. Get it all buttoned down before you step foot on the plane.

Andy

Let me know if you're going to be anywhere near Munich...

Tough Taz but you can always get a gig with a Morris Side.>:)

Top tip for 'foreign' gigging destination... we've always had an absolute blast doing Ireland. If you've got angent for there- the crowds are great, its very low hassle and a good time is pretty much guaranteed

Sorry to hear that, though it does mean I no longer have to be jealous. Hope something good comes up for you.

Sorry about that,would have been a great experience.

Brian

Disappointing, but best it gets pulled rather than go tits-up when you're a very expensive flight away from home!

Sorry to hear about the missed tour.
I hope you didn't order any expensive flight case (as in another Canada related thread).

Sorry to hear about the let down hope you've not spent too much on the preparation,at least it didn't happen the night before departure and I'm sure you will have learnt a lot from the experience,good luck with your local gigs,I hope your not locked into this "Agent" with nothing coming in......All the best .....John

Back
Top Bottom