All profit supporting   special needs music

Can anyone identify this tune?

TimboSax

Deputy junior apprentice 2nd class
Café Supporter
Locality
Cambridgeshire
We were at the circus the other day, and one of the acts had some backing music that has been driving me mad. I know I've heard it before, and I'm hoping that someone here can help me to identify it. I've recorded a generic funk backing and played the melody (or what I remember of the melody) on top. I hope it's close enough for someone to recognise it.

https://soundcloud.com/timbo_music/circus

Can someone put me out of my misery?

TimboSax

Café Supporter
Locality
Cambridgeshire
Thanks for trying guys. Fraser, no it's not SledgeHammer, more funky than that. The sax melody repeated with only slight variations throughout the 3 minutes or so that it was playing.

If it helps, the music was accompanying a young lady in a spangly costume who climbed up and down a tall ladder whilst balancing a table on her head ;}

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
If it helps, the music was accompanying a young lady in a spangly costume who climbed up and down a tall ladder whilst balancing a table on her head ;}

(With Chico Marx's accent)
"I fall in love too easily, I'm falling low too fast"?

TimboSax

Café Supporter
Locality
Cambridgeshire
we have this for our quartet....it nearly kills us, but is great fun!

If you want to move to a quintet, I'm happy to come and shout out 'afro', 'circus', and 'polka dot' as required :)

TimboSax

Café Supporter
Locality
Cambridgeshire
Ah well, I give up. I played the tune to a friend at work who has a pretty encyclopedic knowledge of music, and all he could say was that "it rings a bell" :shrug:

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
With the state of music technology today it may well have been an original piece with the feel of something familiar. No royalties to pay then.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
With the state of music technology today it may well have been an original piece with the feel of something familiar. No royalties to pay then.

"The other day,
all the bubbles seem to find their way...."

On (almost) the melody of a famous Beatles song.

TimboSax

Café Supporter
Locality
Cambridgeshire

Could be. In that case, my version of it probably has enough wrong notes to make it mine, so I'm nickin' it.

TimboSax

Café Supporter
Locality
Cambridgeshire
"The other day,
all the bubbles seem to find their way...."

On (almost) the melody of a famous Beatles song.

Which I think started life as:

"Scrambled eggs,
Oh how I really really love your legs..."

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom