support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Cambridge Clarinet & Sax Day

Emma

Hello everyone,

There are two one day 'courses' in Cambridge;

Clarinet & Saxophone Day, Sunday 28th February 2010
Grade 1 to diploma at Sawston Village College, just outside Cambridge.

Jazz Day, Sunday 4th July 2010
Grade 3 to professional at West Road Concert Hall, Cambridge.

For more information see;
www.acefoundation.org.uk/courses

Thanks Emma, That does look good,....seeing I'm coming over to old blighty in May, I might just go to that.
I have a cousin in Cambridge also & think this will be right up my street, only prob is, I haven't sat any grade theory exams, although can read ok and know most scales.

I'll give it a go....I reckon!

Good one Emma....your a star:welldone

Cheers & Ciao
Jimu

Hi Jimu
I think the grades are just a guide - if you can read music ok & know the scales then you would be beyond grade 3 anyway - I think I am just about grade 3 so will probably be the worst player there - but will have a go! This is my normal place in the pecking order anyway....
If you do go - I will be the one with the silver alto playing all the wrong notes & looking confused (or embarrassed)!

Regards
Emma

Hi Jimu

If you do go - I will be the one with the silver alto playing all the wrong notes & looking confused (or embarrassed)!

Regards
Emma

I also have a silver alto, which has an engraving of a naked lady, it's an old Conn.

Don't worry....you will not be alone in the wrong notes department.;}

We still have a few months to get ready for this workshop.

Cheers & ciao.
Jimu:mrcool

hi

I got a leaflet about the Jazz day, though I wish it wasn't so far away, but the clarinet and saxophone day sounds good too! Even better I play Alto saxophone and Bb clarinet! I'll be the youngest one at both of the events I bet!
It's cool some of you might be there. I asume you can be trusted! I'll be the youngster who odly has an engraved selmer sax!

Lewis;}

Thanks alot! Sounds fun!

Hello Jonathan,
Just seen you are in cambridgeshire! Whereabouts?
My teacher has also given me details of a Sax choir which is held on Tuesdays, fortnightly in Impington - at the village college I think - if you are interested I can post more details.
A few of us also go to a Jazz improvisation group, Thursdays weekly in Croydon (near Arrington) Lovely bunch of people - which is more than I can say about my improvisation!

I have booked for the clarinet & sax day on 28th Feb and am planning to book for the Jazz day in July.

Hi Emma

I'm in St Neots, though I work in Ickleton. Not sure I'm quite up for improvisation yet, but the sax choir might be a possibility. Evenings tend to be a bit tricky, as my wife often works (Gestalt Psychotherapist ;}).

Love the avatar, by the way...

Cheers

Jonathan

I was bought up in St Neots - lived there for 18 years!
I am also a psychotherapist - of the cognitive behavioural type! try not to work evenings though unless really necessary!

Emma

Hi all,
The Clarinet & Sax day is now fully booked, so if you are planning on going to the Jazz day it would probably be a good idea to apply early.

Emma