Cambridge Clarinet & Sax Day

Emma

Hello everyone,

There are two one day 'courses' in Cambridge;

Clarinet & Saxophone Day, Sunday 28th February 2010
Grade 1 to diploma at Sawston Village College, just outside Cambridge.

Jazz Day, Sunday 4th July 2010
Grade 3 to professional at West Road Concert Hall, Cambridge.

For more information see;
www.acefoundation.org.uk/courses

visionari1

Thanks Emma, That does look good,....seeing I'm coming over to old blighty in May, I might just go to that.
I have a cousin in Cambridge also & think this will be right up my street, only prob is, I haven't sat any grade theory exams, although can read ok and know most scales.

I'll give it a go....I reckon!

Good one Emma....your a star:welldone

Cheers & Ciao
Jimu

OP
Emma

Emma

Hi Jimu
I think the grades are just a guide - if you can read music ok & know the scales then you would be beyond grade 3 anyway - I think I am just about grade 3 so will probably be the worst player there - but will have a go! This is my normal place in the pecking order anyway....
If you do go - I will be the one with the silver alto playing all the wrong notes & looking confused (or embarrassed)!

Regards
Emma

visionari1

Hi Jimu

If you do go - I will be the one with the silver alto playing all the wrong notes & looking confused (or embarrassed)!

Regards
Emma
I also have a silver alto, which has an engraving of a naked lady, it's an old Conn.

Don't worry....you will not be alone in the wrong notes department.;}

We still have a few months to get ready for this workshop.

Cheers & ciao.
Jimu:mrcool

Mamos

I would like to get away to the first one at the end of Feb

I think it is geared towards the beginner more

If I do well with that then I could got the the July one

mamos

Lewis.S

hi

I got a leaflet about the Jazz day, though I wish it wasn't so far away, but the clarinet and saxophone day sounds good too! Even better I play Alto saxophone and Bb clarinet! I'll be the youngest one at both of the events I bet!
It's cool some of you might be there. I asume you can be trusted! I'll be the youngster who odly has an engraved selmer sax!

Lewis;}

Thanks alot! Sounds fun!

Lewis.S

hi (again)

they are quite expensive! With half an hour breaks, but it sounds worth it with the idea of meetting the experts it sounds worthy, I have done grade 4 so far... Could be fun!

OP
Emma

Emma

Hello Jonathan,
Just seen you are in cambridgeshire! Whereabouts?
My teacher has also given me details of a Sax choir which is held on Tuesdays, fortnightly in Impington - at the village college I think - if you are interested I can post more details.
A few of us also go to a Jazz improvisation group, Thursdays weekly in Croydon (near Arrington) Lovely bunch of people - which is more than I can say about my improvisation!

I have booked for the clarinet & sax day on 28th Feb and am planning to book for the Jazz day in July.

h4yn0nnym0u5e

Hi Emma

I'm in St Neots, though I work in Ickleton. Not sure I'm quite up for improvisation yet, but the sax choir might be a possibility. Evenings tend to be a bit tricky, as my wife often works (Gestalt Psychotherapist ;}).

Love the avatar, by the way...

Cheers

Jonathan

OP
Emma

Emma

I was bought up in St Neots - lived there for 18 years!
I am also a psychotherapist - of the cognitive behavioural type! try not to work evenings though unless really necessary!

Emma

Mamos

Really tempted to sign up for the end of this month but it is a hell of a drive.

I will have to see if I can borrow a small car as mine only does about 18 mpg

mamos

Semiquaver

Hi Jimu

...I will be the one with the silver alto playing all the wrong notes & looking confused (or embarrassed)!

Regards
Emma
Tut tut Em, have confidence in yourself. If you are one of those cycletheoro****ts or whatever you must know that.

And anyway there are no wrong notes only wrong choices.

See you 2moz.

OP
Emma

Emma

And anyway there are no wrong notes only wrong choices.

See you 2moz.
I'm now getting practiced at making wrong choices then! Do you think I should provide the audience with ear plugs in readiness for my solos next week?

OP
Emma

Emma

Hi all,
The Clarinet & Sax day is now fully booked, so if you are planning on going to the Jazz day it would probably be a good idea to apply early.

Emma

Top Bottom