All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Calling any Wordpress Wranglers....

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Hi folks- I've just become custodian of my Brother in Law's website, which is set up & edited using Word Press. This is proving an absolute nightmare nad I'd dearly love to find someone who actually knows their way round it to run a few queries past.... any takers?

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
What do you need to know?

My fundraising blog is wordpress, It haven't used it much lately but I tend to keep the software and plugins reasonably up to date.

I find it very good provided you don't need to do too much customisation, bet then there are so many styles available.

The online tech support documentation help support forums are surprising very good.

If you haven't worked much with mysql databases, then that can bea bit of a learning curve.

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
The website in question is this- http://acestories.ebn3.com/
Specific issues I’ve got are-
Left/right justification of- well, more of less everything
The ability to remove the header of each page “Home” etc (all currently in the wrong font!
Drawing tables in the interface- to accept ‘grid’ information
Setting the order of the links bellow the main title on each page- would prefer ‘home’ to be extreme left
Any advice would be very much appreciated………..

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
OK, well I wonder how much of that is the standard Atahualpa Theme, or whether it has been customised.

If I wasn't dead set on that theme, the first thing I'd do is download a few others and see if another theme grabbed me.

Do you know much about CSS? If so go to the admin section then

Appearance> Editor and there you choose different aspects of the CSS, e.g. header, page, footer. This is wherev you would change text-align:center to text-align:left, or the h1 (header) fonts.

For tables I use html, and make sure I have clicked the html tab of the text editor (as opposed to the visual tab). If html is not your thing, then creating tables in other apps can often be exported to html, however it looks like there is a plugin that enhances the WYSIWYG editor to allow tables to be added easily:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tinymce-advanced/

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom