Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
Locality
Sunny Southampton
Entries and voting now closed

You can see them all
here

Winner announced here

Now that we have the media gallery, what better way to celebrate than have a photo competition. Rules are simple:

• 1 x photo per person
  • Must be your own photo, to which you have the rights to publish (e.g. if there is another person in it they should have consented)
  • Picture of saxophone, or related to saxophone
  • Upload your photo
  • Closing date for entries Nov 21 at 12:00 GMT
  • Start voting after that date.
  • Winner is photo with highest rating by Dec 2 13:00 GMT
To vote, use the star system of ratings please. You can rate more than one photo.

I was going to make it a limit of three , but I don't think that will work as it might take ages sorting out if people voted for more, so until we get more sophisticated completion software I think it makes sense to just rate pics, I suggest three is a good number but no problem if you rate a couple more or less.

It's all a bit experimental at the moment

Prize is Christmas goody bag of 10 "Snowy Rollins" Christmas CDs and 20 Christmas Card

Last edited:
No restrictions as to subject matter? (Within the bounds of good taste, obviously).

Within the bounds of good taste, obviously

A flexible concept, here on cafesaxophone.
We better define some limits, like "no cruelty on animals or audience"

A flexible concept, here on cafesaxophone.
We better define some limits, like "no cruelty on animals or audience"
Also no cruelty to saxophones, (which rules out a photo of me playing one).

I'm not sure how this is going to work, I suggest people hold off voting until all photos are there.

We'll get used to it I guess o_O I'm still messin' about or should I say floundering :(

Yes, I'm not quite sure how the competition is going to work, still, one way to find out is to do it. I'm still finding my way round it all but it seems to work quite well.

Okay hold off rating until Nov 21 - 12:00 GMT - then I'll revenge with 5 stars for the bazzin' tie in "One night in Chicago" :rofl:

Okay hold off rating until Nov 21 - 12:00 GMT - then I'll revenge with 5 stars for the bazzin' tie in "One night in Chicago" :rofl:
You can rate that now, it's not in the photo contest.

Okay - where d'ja get that tie? Good idea for a future contest - "Most outrageous tie collection"
Now whatever happened to my powder blue teddy bear jacket ?

Only 4 entries so far? We have some great pics uploaded to the various albums but is everyone scared of entering them in the contest?

I tried to upload one, but I couldn't get it in that folder, I would have to create another album?

It was a bug in the software, not human error, honest!

Back
Top Bottom