support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

CafeSaxophone Blues thread..

Peter, very nice as always. It's interesting to hear how guys get
around this in so many different ways. Thanks for posting.

Come on guys you know you want to post a version on here.
@aldevis

Chris..

I downloaded Audacity a while back, but the volume on the tracks is so faint I can barely detect chord changes, and certainly can't play to them. My computer speakers are built into the monitor and are adjusted as high as they will go. I'm missing something, but then I hate computers anyway. I'll call my tech. (Good excuse for not displaying fossil talent)

I downloaded Audacity a while back, but the volume on the tracks is so faint I can barely detect chord changes, and certainly can't play to them. My computer speakers are built into the monitor and are adjusted as high as they will go. I'm missing something, but then I hate computers anyway. I'll call my tech. (Good excuse for not displaying fossil talent)

I recently bought some BOSE speaker for my computer and can highly recommend them see here

Jx

You can in the left part of recorded track select the 'gain' button and move it to the right (+) to get more volume. Another option is: select the recorded track by clicking on the left part (it becomes dark grey now), go to Effect - Ampliify and make it lowder that way. My recordings are normally way too loud, it could also be that your mike is not good enough or that you have a to low setting for your mike input while recording (input level slider on left top of the screen).

Youtube has some good instruction clips on how to operate Audacity, that can be of help too.

Thanks for the tips. I'll work on them.

Guys, I thought you lot would have been all over a little min Blues for fun and light relief from the chore of daily practice. :confused2: One scale, NO melody, what's stopping you?? >:)
It's all a little too quite here.:sax:

Go on you know you want to.:thumb:

Chris.

Guys, I thought you lot would have been all over a little min Blues for fun and light relief from the chore of daily practice. :confused2: One scale, NO melody, what's stopping you?? >:)
It's all a little too quite here.:sax:

Go on you know you want to.:thumb:

Chris.

Summertime, a lot of outdoor activities, I play/record more in the autumn, winter, I suspect others do as well. Any chance you post other blues tracks of varying tempos/styles to improv over like a 12-bar boogie blues?

Summertime, a lot of outdoor activities, I play/record more in the autumn, winter, I suspect others do as well. Any chance you post other blues tracks of varying tempos/styles to improv over like a 12-bar boogie blues?

Stick blues backing track in to youtube and there's scores

Just to clarify things a little.

The whole idea was everyone would use the same backing( like on SOTW) But unlike over there you would have a full track and not just 12 bars to play around with. Also over here there seems to be a higher % of beginners, so I thought it might be useful for more experienced guys to be heard using the same thing as the beginners, that way questions could be asked and it might become semi educational as well as entertaining.
There have been a large number of downloads of the mp3, I know they may not be Café members, but lets give everyone a chance to use this backing. At a later date we can have a re-think and probably add some more backings.

Chris..

The whole idea was everyone would use the same backing( like on SOTW) But unlike over there you would have a full track and not just 12 bars to play around with. Also over here there seems to be a higher % of beginners, so I thought it might be useful for more experienced guys to be heard using the same thing as the beginners, that way questions could be asked and it might become semi educational as well as entertaining.
There have been a large number of downloads of the mp3, I know they may not be Café members, but lets give everyone a chance to use this backing. At a later date we can have a re-think and probably add some more backings.

Chris..

I see! Sorry.Then maybe you can move "my" backing track to another place."Your sound clip" or maybe to "Playing" thread. It's not yet my sound clip. Working on trying to get back to my saxes after a long break. Too much work.

Hey guys everything has gone v quiet round here. There
have been lots of interest the backing track though>:).
Even our very own @aldevis has yet to do a version:(.
Go on you know it makes sense:thumb:

Chris..

Thanks for the dig

Summer is defunct, this country will sail off towards Norway come the 18th. What better time to feel blue?

Clip will follow once reunited with loved ones and family

@Ivan Looks like that big island is still stuck to England. Looking forward to a happy 'Blues' track:confused2:
Everyone is still waiting for @aldevis to post his version, perhaps even @gladsaxisme might have a dabble with this one or even @trimmy . Go on guys you know you want to>:)

Chris...

Also over here there seems to be a higher % of beginners, so I thought it might be useful for more experienced guys to be heard using the same thing as the beginners, that way questions could be asked and it might become semi educational

Chris..

Yea, but a lot of us beginners don't know how to approach this. Questions: The backing track is a blues in Bbm .. does that mean a tenor player would use the Cm blues scale ... throughout the whole track? What's the difference between Cm and Cmajor blues scale?

A lot of beginners may be like me ..... would like to have a go, but don't know how to and don't want to ask too many (dumb beginner type) questions.

Dave.

Tenor player uses Cm blues scale over the whole track.
Alto player uses Gm scale over the whole track.

Cm blues scale (usually just called C blues scale) is C Eb F F# G Bb
C major blues scale is C D Eb E G A (same as Am blues scale)

Hi Dave yes you can use the Cmin blues scale over the whole track.

Cmin Blues = C Eb F F# G Bb
CMaj Blues = C D Eb E G A

The Maj Blues scale works well over

maj7 chords (+ maj9 and maj6).
7th chords (+ 9th and 13th chords).

The Min Blues scale works well over

Major Triads
Major 7th Chords
Dominant 7th Chords
Minor Triads
Minor 7th Chords

Nick was quicker than me..