• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Café Supporter
Locality
Cheshire UK
From time to time members discuss having a Café Saxophone meet so we have decided to try and make this happen this year. :)

Naturally we could just pick a pub somewhere and gather but @aldevis thought it would be more fun to have a Masterclass/Workshop style meeting (much easier to sell to non saxophonic other halves ;))

At the moment we are thinking of one in or around Manchester and one in London possibly at Sax.co.uk (numbers will be limited if we go there).

It will have to be a Sunday in Manchester and if at Sax.co.uk a Saturday.

The classes will cover improvisation and may have an optional 1 hour class before the main event for beginners. I am going to leave it to Aldevis to fill in the details of the class but I suspect this will depend on the level of experience of the members attending.

We will allow time at the end for members to try Aldevis' Sequoia horns and each others if they so wish and have a relaxed chat.

We could also consider finding a local pub to chill out in after the event :cheers:

If you are interested please post in this thread with answers to the following:

1. Preferred City Manchester or London
2. Level of Improvising Skill on scale of 1 to 5 (1 being raw beginner)

It would be appreciated if you could indicate in the poll the maximum you would be prepared to pay for a four hour event.

The idea is to cover the costs of running the workshop and contributing some profit to the café fundraising.

It is all in the early planning stages and we need to understand what you want before we can book anything. At this stage there is no obligation to attend if you respond.

Looking forward to meeting many of you :)

The Mods

Last edited:
Plenty of pubs have a functions room. Maybe gladsaxisme can persuaded to check out /price the butterfly room at the Ring O' Bells and the assizes room at the Old Boars Head.There's one at the Wilton as well. All close to the M62 and with parking.

Plenty of pubs have a functions room. Maybe gladsaxisme can persuaded to check out /price the butterfly room at the Ring O' Bells and the assizes room at the Old Boars Head.There's one at the Wilton as well. All close to the M62 and with parking.

Pub down the road from me too :)

I have a few places in mind to check out when we know the numbers, best if near stations I think

Jx

In my area there are community halls available for hire at reasonable rates with kitchen facilities. Perhaps similar is available in the Manc area?

Some pubs hire the room out for free if you book food.

We will sort the venue when we have numbers but all suggestions and help gratefully received :)

Jx

As I live in Hampshire London would be my preference and I'm a raw beginner

David

Manchester's best for me - I get the heebie jeebies if I have to travel any further south! Playing level - would go middle for diddle - 3.

If only I lived closer. A bit out of the way for me...

London. Depends what level 5 is. Competent ensemble player and done a couple of improv workshops with Karen Sharp, but don't get enough opportunity, so 2-3 probably.

London
I'll stick my head above the parapet and say 4 but willing to be knocked down a peg or two (or 4).

Fantastic initiative. London for convenience. My hindrance will be that my "weekend" is tuesday/wednesday.

The second question ties-in with some observations that I have wanted to share ... and so will now do in another place.