- St. Mary's
General RulesGeneral Rules | Marketing Rules | Yardsale (Classifieds) Rules
The rules below have been in place for many years, we urge all members to read them, in spite of the fact that you don't like reading T & Cs. neither do I, but in this case they really do help to keep the forum a nice place. Sorry.
- You may not use Cafesaxophone for illegal activities (as defined under any national or international laws)
- Please note that this forum is available to all ages, sexes, races, religions, orientations etc. You may not post anything offensive, abusive, harassing, aggressive, pornographical, insulting or obscene.
- Any objections to other members behaviour should be made in confidence to moderators via the report button, not publically on the forums.
- Certain offensive words are automatically replaced with asterisks. Do not try to get around this by deliberately mis-spelling, using spaces, abbreviations or special characters.
- No political or religious discussions, or references in avatars, signatures or profile info.This may include anything which appears to be or could encourage or incite such posts. This may include topics that may have become politicised in different territories due to recent or recently controversial legislation such as gun law or hunting. 2020 update: this now includes COVID related politicised topics such as questioning the efficacy of masks or lockdown/quarantine measures.
- Posts must be written in the English language (including native dialects such as UK, US, Australian etc)
- The following may be removed:
- posts in languages other than English, (including "text language" or other shorthand.
- one-word or short meaningless posts
- duplicate posts
- email addresses, phone numbers (whether it is your own or anyone else’s), the contents of private correspondence without permission (Emails, Pms etc.)
- ALL CAPITALS or special characters (e.g. asterisks, chevrons etc.), especially in the subject header to draw attention to your posts.
- You may not join under more than one username (aka sockpuppet). If you have done this by accident please contact admin.
- You may not edit your posts in such a way as to make other posts appear nonsensical, e.g once your post has been quoted. It is especially bad to delete the first post of a thread or to remove links to soundfiles.
- If you post any links to your own files hosted elsewhere, you must inform admin if you remove those files and so cause dead links in your messages
Guidelines & Etiquette
- If you want to delete or edit your posts after the initial time to do so has lapsed, then you should do this by contacting an admin. The same applies to disussion of moderator action such as post/thread deletions, disciplinary decisions, account suspensions etc.
- If you are contacted by a moderator in regard to any perceived breach of rules, you should respond before making any further posts.
- Please use thread titles that are descriptive of the topic, this helps with searches and the likelihood of getting the best responses. We reserve the right to edit thread titles that do not comply, or to move off topic content.
Copyrights & Ownership of Contents/data/media
- Your post must be original text, ie not published anywhere else on the net and not copied and pasted apart from very small excerpts used as quotes/references. You may not embed audio/video files from another site unless that site specifically and legally allows linking or embedding, e.g. Youtube.
- You grant us the non-exclusive right to retain, move, edit or delete any content you post on Cafésaxophone (e.g. text, music, images, video etc.). We also have the right to republish or quote that content on our other sites or on social media, provided that we credit the authorship. You will retain the overall copyright outside of these terms.
- You may not post, upload, link to or offer to share (whether free or paid for) illegal copies of any copyright material. This includes
- sheet music with any melodic notation (just chord sequences are OK)
- For more information please see the copyright guidelines thread here and discussion thread here
- Note that ultimately we (Cafésaxophone) could potentially be held legally liable for any infringements of copyright included in members' posts so we respectfully ask you to make your best endeavours to check before posting. If you are in doubt about something you want to post please contact us or ask here