General RulesGeneral Rules | Marketing Rules | Yardsale (Classifieds) Rules
- You may not use Cafesaxophone for illegal activities (as defined under UK, EU or US law)
- Please note that this forum is available to all ages, sexes, races, religions, orientations etc. You may not post anything offensive, abusive, harassing, aggressive, pornographical or obscene.
- Disagreement is fine, but you may not insult other members or administrators.
- Any objections to other members behaviour should be made in confidence to moderators via the report button, not publically on the forums.
- Certain offensive words are automatically replaced with asterisks. Do not try to get around this by deliberately mis-spelling, using spaces, abbreviations or special characters.
- No political or religious discussions. This may include anything which appears to be or could encourage or incite such posts. This may include topics that may have become politicised in different territories due to recent or recently controversial legislation such as gun law, hunting or wearing of masks as prevention against spreading or contracting COVID.
- No political or religious references in avatars, signatures or profile info.
- You must post in English and do your best to use correct spelling and grammar. No text language or other shorthand.
- One word or short meaningless posts will be removed.
- You may not embed audio/video files from another site unless that site specifically and legally allows linking or embedding, e.g. Youtube.
- Do not post email addresses, whether it is your own or anyone else’s, private correspondence (Emails, messaging, conversations) without permission of the other party.
- You may not use ALL CAPITALS or special characters (e.g. asterisks, chevrons etc.) in the subject header to draw attention to your posts. Capitals or large text may be used on single words or phrases for emphasis if appropriate, but it is usually enough to use italics and/or bold for such purposes. Using capitals in forum text is considered to be “shouting”, large text causes problems for anyone viewing on a mobile screen
- You may not join under more than one username (aka sockpuppet). If you have done this by accident please contact admin.
- You may not edit your posts in such a way as to make other posts appear nonsensical, e.g once your post has been quoted. It is especially bad to delete the first post of a thread or to remove links to soundfiles.
- If you post any links to your own media or files hosted elsewhere, you must inform admin if you remove those files and so cause dead links in your messages
- You may NOT publicly discuss or question any post deletions, disciplinary decisions, account suspensions or other actions made by moderators or admin. This includes discussion of banned members and/or their activities outside the forum. Any objections or appeals should be made privately to admin.
- If you are contacted by a moderator in regard to your posting on the forum in breach of any rules, this will often be in place of formal disciplinary action. If you do not respond before making any further posts formal action may be taken, including restriction of forum activities or a full and permanent ban.
- Duplicate posting - You may not post the same message in more than one discussion forum
- Crossposting - you may not post the same article or review as posted elsewhere on the internet. Cross posting of questions is allowed.
- Please use thread titles that are descriptive of the topic, this helps with searches and the likelihood of getting the best responses. We reserve the right to edit thread titles that do not comply.
Copyrights & Ownership of Contents/data/media
- Your post must be original text, ie not published anywhere else on the net and not copied and pasted apart from very small excerpts used as quotes/references.
- You grant us the non-exclusive right to retain, move, edit or delete any content you post on Cafésaxophone (e.g. text, music, images, video etc.). We also have the right to republish or quote that content on our other sites or on social media, provided that we credit the authorship. You will retain the overall copyright outside of these terms.
- You may not post, upload, link to or offer to share (whether free or paid for) illegal copies of any copyright material. This includes
- For more information please see the guidelines thread here and discussion thread here
- Note that ultimately we (Cafésaxophone) could potentially be held legally liable for any infringements of copyright included in members' posts so we respectfully ask you to make your best endeavours to check before posting. If you are in doubt about something you want to post please contact us or ask here
Marketing (inc. Educational resources and sites, retailers, manufacturers, endorsers/affilliate brands)
Note that this term includes both official and "unofficial" endorsers. If you were given a free item or discounted item outside of a regular sale, then you need to disclose that when discussing that product or posting videos.
Cafesaxophone relies on affiliate income (commission on sales) from certain brands. From time to time we may promote these via discount coupons.
- Do not post any business or educational marketing material without prior permission, apart from single used items which can be offered for sale in the “Yard Sale” section (see below). Any replies you make in which you mention your products must be completely on topic, e.g. answering questions, and should not include any sales information. The above applies whether you have a direct interest in the business or indirect as an affiliate or endorsing artist
- You may not promote any product or service in which you have an interest without first discussing with admin. e.g. masquerading as a “happy customer” (shill). This also applies to promoting of, or soliciting registration at, a competing forum without first discussing with admin.
- You may not mention or link to any competing affiliate schemes/coupons for the same brand. See here for affiliates
- Any marketing which is considered to be off topic or goes beyond useful information in the context of a thread will be removed.
- Multiple posts which appear to be gratuitous marketing or repeated recommendation of the same product may be viewed as spam
- Manufacturers’ Product Announcements should be made in the appropriate forum and should be original content, not copied and pasted ads. You should contact admin before posting.
- Links: You can link to your own (non-commercial) website, social media etc. in your profile, signature or posts, but we appreciate appropriate link from that site to cafesaxophone.com. Any such links must be on a home page or page directly linked in your main navigation. Links to commercial must be with admin permission and must reciprocate as advised by admin.
- Your username cannot be a website URL or an email address
- Do not solicit members via Personal Conversation for business purposes, unless they have expressed an interest specifically via the forum. Anyone receiving such solicitations should report to admin.
The buyer pays the seller directly. The seller pays a 5% (or optionally more) contribution to the fundraising* based on the advertised value or the value of any offer accepted (voluntary maximum £150/$200). For trades or part exchanges the amount is based on the estimated monetary value.
* For wanted ads, the purchaser pays contribution to the fundraising.
It would be hoped that the other party in the trade or part exchange would recognise the benefit they had received in effectively selling an item and make a voluntary donation.
Fees are payable only when a transaction is successful.
- You need 40 posts to advertise in the Yardsale
- The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum just to sell an item, however new members may post if they either
- upgraded their account with an annual subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
- or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.
- No sales advertising outside the Yardsale (in other forums, via profile or signature). You may link to a Yardsale item in a thread provided it is relevant.
- You may not ask buyers to use the Paypal Personal (Friends & Family) option for transactions. Apart from contravening Paypal policy and being possibly fraudulent, the normal Paypal protection is not included. Always take any fees into account with the price.
- For all sales you must pay a minimum of 5% of the price to the Cafesaxophone fundraising. You must say in your post how much (either fixed amount or percentage) you will be contributing towards the Cafe Saxophone Charity Fundraising. You are free of course to donate more if you wish.
- Payments should be made within one week of buyer confirming safe receipt of item. Please advise Jeanette if this will not be possible. Failure to pay in a timely manner may result in exclusion from the yard sale and other listings being removed.
- Public discussion/debate regarding the asking price or accuracy of description is not allowed. Report the post if you think it is inaccurate or discuss with the seller privately.
- No Off Topic posts unless the seller specifically allows this.
- These forums are for bona fide existing members who contribute to the forum discussion in general. You may not post without first introducing yourself in the Doorbell section. What this means basically is you encouraged not to just join the forum to sell your stuff and not take part in the community.
- Items you have for sale in auction should not be posted in the Yardsale, but in the ‘Your Ebay Auctions’ section
- No product announcements or business advertising. The Yardsale is for one-off private sales of used items, not for advertising a product range.
- Sellers must provide an accurate detailed description of any items offered for sale or exchange.
- No counterfeit or stolen items.
- No sales of any software, media files, e-books etc. unless the licence or T&C attached to them explicitly allows this.
- You must include your asking and shipping price, or estimated value in the case of trades or part exchange. Unless stated otherwise it is assumed you will ship anywhere in the world.
- No bumping of your posts.
- When an item is sold, you should mark it as sold via the thread prefix and notify admin
- All sales are conducted between the seller & buyer at their own risk. No warranty, liability or responsibility is accepted by CafeSaxophone for transactions conducted. Any problems/disputes are the sole responsibility of the buyer/seller concerned.
- You may only offer for sale or exchange goods which you own, or have the owner’s permission to trade on their behalf.
- When an advert has been placed failure to respond to enquiry posts on the thread or via PC may result in the advert being removed.
Any breaking of these rules could lead to automatically being suspended or banned from the forum with no warning.
Although the administrators and moderators of Cafe Saxophone Discussion will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All content expresses the views of the individual author of the content (forum messages, resources, profile etc.) and not the owners of Cafe Saxophone who may not be held responsible or liable for any damages resulting from advice given by individual members or content authors, or from any material linked to.
The owners of Cafe Saxophone Discussion reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason with or without notice.