All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Café Saxophone Collaboration: Someone to Watch Over Me (poem)

randulo

Playing alto 2 1/2 years
Subscriber
Some of you may recall a chap who asked on this forum if anyone was interested in playing saxophone for some of his poetry reading. I seem to have been the only one who was, so I was nominated. I liked his writing and it was a pleasure to do this. And, it qualifies as a Café Saxophone Collaboration, as we met here. :clapping:

View: https://youtu.be/1uAFhd2InVE

'Someone To Watch Over Me' is from Afternoon Music by Tom Harding (Palewell Press):

Afternoon Music is the second poetry collection from Tom Harding, author of Night Work and founder of Northampton Poetry Review. Tom's poems take the reader on an inner voyage of discovery. He shares the unease many of us feel about the pace and sometimes pointless nature of office work and consumerism. With grace and filmic clarity, he reminds us of simple pleasures like lying under a sunlit tree or by an open window and reconnecting to the universe. "Shadows cross the walls of my heart like the vacant bedrooms of the city at noon." Each poem is illustrated with Tom's own exquisite drawings.

Pete Effamy

Some of you may recall a chap who asked on this forum if anyone was interested in playing saxophone for some of his poetry reading. I seem to have been the only one who was, so I was nominated. I liked his writing and it was a pleasure to do this. And, it qualifies as a Café Saxophone Collaboration, as we met here. :clapping:

View: https://youtu.be/1uAFhd2InVE

'Someone To Watch Over Me' is from Afternoon Music by Tom Harding (Palewell Press):

Afternoon Music is the second poetry collection from Tom Harding, author of Night Work and founder of Northampton Poetry Review. Tom's poems take the reader on an inner voyage of discovery. He shares the unease many of us feel about the pace and sometimes pointless nature of office work and consumerism. With grace and filmic clarity, he reminds us of simple pleasures like lying under a sunlit tree or by an open window and reconnecting to the universe. "Shadows cross the walls of my heart like the vacant bedrooms of the city at noon." Each poem is illustrated with Tom's own exquisite drawings.
It has a feeling of "TV" about it - feels like it has been on TV. Great stuff.

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 2 1/2 years
Subscriber
Wow. Nice, Randy. Voice, words, artwork and music. Lovely production.
oops, I replied to the wrong thing! That's Tom's production. He selected some solo sax stuff I did for him. I hope there'll be others.

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 2 1/2 years
Subscriber
Again, thanks. No, it was me crossed wires. I thought it was referring to the other post so I said something nice about Pete's playing on that.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom