All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Café Saxophone Collaboration: "Elsie's Dogs"

Adrian63

Formerly Malachi
Locality
United Kingdom
@randulo ; Nice man ; real nice. I dunno at first listen that Mike Post " Hill St. Blues " vibe comes across...how I loved that show.
Great playing by all ; thankyou.
Best
M

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 2 1/2 years
Subscriber
Locality
France
@randulo ; Nice man ; real nice. I dunno at first listen that Mike Post " Hill St. Blues " vibe comes across...how I loved that show.
Thanks for the comment! I never saw the show, so I had to ask YouTube what the theme sounded like. I see what you mean, there's a vibe in the middle that is a bit similar. The song was written in the early 1990's, originally for guitar, and recorded in about 1994. It was never mixed, but BiaB was able to make a version of the backing, so we went with that.

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
Locality
Hampshire
Nice track.

Never seen the greatest Cop show in American TV History??!! One for 'what's on TV' I think.. (Larry Carlton played on the theme tune)

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 2 1/2 years
Subscriber
Locality
France
Nice track.

Never seen the greatest Cop show in American TV History??!! One for 'what's on TV' I think.. (Larry Carlton played on the theme tune)
That's interesting, because the original title was "L.C.", Larry Carlton. However, I'm more of a NYPD Blue person. We didn't have a TV at all in the period Hill Street was on.

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
Locality
Hampshire
That's interesting, because the original title was "L.C.", Larry Carlton. However, I'm more of a NYPD Blue person. We didn't have a TV at all in the period Hill Street was on.
Steven Bochco wrote Hill Street and NYPD Blue.

EDIT: And if you like Dennis Franz, he was in Hill Street too..

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 2 1/2 years
Subscriber
Locality
France
Bochco got better on NYPD Blue, but we're far OT now ;)

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
Locality
Peeblesshire
I enlisted @Pete Effamy again for a full service session. This time, it's on a tune I wrote and recorded around 26 years ago called "Elsie". Pete and I worked out a backing track that left room for more saxophone, as the original was all guitar.
I don't have the original 24-track tapes.
:verysad

View: https://youtu.be/RoyiXHOC6Ac
Pete on fire... such a rich tone out of the alto

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom
test6