Beginner C Scale

Simo

A newbie question.
When I play the scale C and I go up, when I go up from G then A then B, The B does not sound right. Even when I am playing and I get to a B it does'nt sound right. What's wrong?

Lloyd

Possibilities are:
  1. Instrument is out of tune - check it with a tuner (set it to Bb for tenor).
  2. Mouthpiece in the wrong position, move it further in if you are flat, further out if you are sharp.
  3. Make sure that you are not inadvertantly touching other keys as you move along the scale.
  4. Manually lift the pads to make sure that none are sticking.
  5. Sax could be damaged - get a repairer to give it the once-over.
You say that you are a newbie, at the risk of sounding patronising if you are brand new then make sure that you are using the correct fingering (left forefinger only and make sure you are not touching any other keys by mistake).

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Simo

Simo

Possibilities are:
  1. Mouthpiece in the wrong position, move it further in if you are flat, further out if you are sharp.
  2. Make sure that you are not inadvertantly touching other keys as you move along the scale.
  3. Manually lift the pads to :welldonemake sure that none are sticking:thankyou:.
  4. Sax could be damaged - get a repairer to give it the once-over.
You say that you are a newbie, at the risk of sounding patronising if you are brand new then make sure that you are using the correct fingering (left forefinger only and make sure you are not touching any other keys by mistake).
Sorted...

Top Bottom