support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

By No Means

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
This Ballad has a little more going on than the last one.( if you don't stop after the 3rd or 4th note;}).

"By No Means" DeadAudiolink Removed

Chris..

So is your wife now a saxophone widow like my long suffering wife.Your spending alot more time with your horn in your studio >:) which is great.Keep it going.Nice job.

So is your wife now a saxophone widow like my long suffering wife.Your spending alot more time with your horn in your studio >:) which is great.Keep it going.Nice job.

:))):))):))):)))

Something like that Davey. Thanks for having a listen..

Chris..

This Ballad has a little more going on than the last one.( if you don't stop after the 3rd or 4th note;}).

"By No Means" DeadAudiolink Removed

Chris..
Nice, funny how we all interpret stuff differently, as soon as i heard the first four bars i instinctively knew what i would play......then in you came Chris, very nice as well...

A little more going on? Hey this is excellent! Very melodic and extremely well structured. Tone is good but you're still using the training wheels, let it go and open up. Have listened to the beginning several times and really like your intro and where you've put the melodic line. How come you don't send me stuff like this???

High praise indeed Wade thank you..As for not sending you stuff like this, it's still early days. See what the new year brings. Always playing around with things this side, some Ok some not....

Colin, just blow the thing LOL. I know, but I like to write out melodies..

Thanks for all the comments

Chris...

Hi Chris,
By No Means are you stagnating my friend. Who are those guys you're playing with? Do I know them? lol....
Hey man, this is nice. Getz comes to mind.......easily.........And as far as holding back, I would say no. It's best to embrace the notes simplistically to get that tone functioning properly. Embrace the notes as you would your wife! I mean that!
You definitely have a ballad mentality and ballads are wonderful vehicles for showcasing emotion. It's a lyrical environment and that's not the easiest to perform in. Note calisthenics are usually not in the ballads best interest. Usually.
I think you're going to be a wonderful ballad player. I could hear it in you!

Ya see, it took you no time at all to replace me! Now that wasn't hard was it?

Merry Christmas!

Wonderful to hear from Mike, and he's in such good spirits spreading joy wherever he goes. Not at all like the rest of us critical cynical b**turds.

Yes Chris deserves some candy. He has been a good boy all year, and we all love him. And I hold a special place and affection for Mike's composing and playing.
Good to hear from you and wish you all the best of the season.

Wonderful to hear from Mike, and he's in such good spirits spreading joy wherever he goes. Not at all like the rest of us critical cynical b**turds.

Yes Chris deserves some candy. He has been a good boy all year, and we all love him. And I hold a special place and affection for Mike's composing and playing.
Good to hear from you and wish you all the best of the season.
And to you as well my friend! Thank you!

Hi Chris,
By No Means are you stagnating my friend. Who are those guys you're playing with? Do I know them? lol....
Hey man, this is nice. Getz comes to mind.......easily.........And as far as holding back, I would say no. It's best to embrace the notes simplistically to get that tone functioning properly. Embrace the notes as you would your wife! I mean that!
You definitely have a ballad mentality and ballads are wonderful vehicles for showcasing emotion. It's a lyrical environment and that's not the easiest to perform in. Note calisthenics are usually not in the ballads best interest. Usually.
I think you're going to be a wonderful ballad player. I could hear it in you!

Ya see, it took you no time at all to replace me! Now that wasn't hard was it?

Merry Christmas!

Hi Mike, the guys are missing you, the bass players getting depressed. I won't let him play "out" lines LOL!!! Thanks for the support and comments.

As for replacing you, that's a matter of opinion and you know mine..

Merry Christmas

Back
Top Bottom