All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Beginner Buzzy

alto andy

Locality
Southend on sea
I have been learning the above tune I can play the tune ok now I started slow and concentrated on counting with tapping my foot and can now play it faster and in time I have also taken time to learn the cords and the blues scale . My next thing I have been asked to do is listen and get ideas for improvisation can any one give me any ideas when it comes to what to listen for and listen correctly not just enjoy the music and not take in what's going on . Cheers :) in advance

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Café Supporter
Locality
Whitchurch, North Shropshire UK
Tricky one this. I'm not best qualified to answer in any detail - better people than me will help you there. I would suggest you try just listening to what the bass line does - it's crucial to the harmony and also to the rhythm.

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
To learn a piece for improvisation you need to know it. Really know it. An aide de memoire is to follow a chord sheet. So you need to know all the notes for all the chords in the piece. When you have this you can go a little off piste and find your own way through.

alto andy

Locality
Southend on sea
Starting to come together now cheers for the advice . I'm trying to break the patterns that I play to much and have started to look for interesting new ideas and dynamics when playing :)

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom