support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Beginner Buzzing Sound?

ShySax

I've noticed recently that there is a buzzing sound that seems like it's coming from my mouthpiece under my front teeth. I've tried swabbing out the mouthpiece and using a new reed, neither have helped. It goes away slightly when I play louder, but doesn't disappear. What could it be? I've only been playing for 4 years, I'm by no means an expert. So maybe one of you could help me find out what's wrong?

They come in a range of thicknesses and a choice of clear or black. The thin clear ones are more about protecting the mouthpiece from your teeth. If you start with some black 0.4mm you can double them up to make an 0.8mm to find what you prefer.

I don't use a mouthpiece patch, so that might be the problem... I will look into that. Thank you!

For a quick cheap D.I.Y patch, grab some electrical tape from the hardware shop and stick together 1, 2 ,3 or even 4 bits of tape.

So they are stacked on top of each other,

Then cut them to appropriate size of MP.

It's worked great for me in times of a quick patch fix.

Might solve the problem who knows.

Hard to really know what this issue is unless you have a teacher in the room with you.

If you haven't already got to a good teacher regularly try hunt one down.

It will only help ;->

I know you said you swabbed the mpc (and presumable dried the reed) but have you tried sucking all the "moisture" out? Sometimes a gurgle can be resolved by sucking quickly on the mpc.
Have you checked for any loose screws? and is it all the time or just on some notes? Could it be something vibrating in the room instead?
The glass on the front of our carriage clock vibrates on F - any F - but it drives me mad, I have to lay the clock down on its face on a cushion!