All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Busking?

Lewis.S

Hi,

I was thinking of ways to make money. So I think that busking could be an option. I was just wondering about general advice, pieces etc.
I am only going to play in a small village, (I doubt I'll make even £5, but I can build up) I'm fairly confident of my sound too, I know I don't have that classic begginer saxophone honk!

Thanks in advance
Lewis;}​

Saxlicker

Tip 1
If you see a crotchety ol'person wielding a zimmer...run like hell or you'll not make a penny.
Tip 2
Listen to Taz when he offers something up, He has fresh experience of busking

And just for info,
Aspire to this..........

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz

Busking Oracle
Thanks Saxlicker, well Lewis, I asked the same question a while ago and here's the LINK have a good read. I'd suggest that a village is probably not the best place to start (although you've got to start somewhere, and if you know the people from the village, it could actually be to your advantage) Your only young, so you've probably got the "cute factor" on your side. I don't mean that nastily by the way, it's just that the general public like to see youngsters doing well! Prepare your material well, know what your going to play, and know where your going to play too. Playing in places where the public are naturally herded past you and playing where people are putting change away in their purses are good. If you can stand near to where shopping trolleys are stored, then people will have a pound in their hands and it could have your name on it.
Most importantly, look like a musician not a bum! If you look like a beggar you'll just get moved on. Have fun and if you can, interact with your audience!
Good luck and enjoy yourself.

Lewis.S

Thanks Saxlicker, well Lewis, I asked the same question a while ago and here's the LINK have a good read. I'd suggest that a village is probably not the best place to start (although you've got to start somewhere, and if you know the people from the village, it could actually be to your advantage) Your only young, so you've probably got the "cute factor" on your side. I don't mean that nastily by the way, it's just that the general public like to see youngsters doing well! Prepare your material well, know what your going to play, and know where your going to play too. Playing in places where the public are naturally herded past you and playing where people are putting change away in their purses are good. If you can stand near to where shopping trolleys are stored, then people will have a pound in their hands and it could have your name on it.
Most importantly, look like a musician not a bum! If you look like a beggar you'll just get moved on. Have fun and if you can, interact with your audience!
Good luck and enjoy yourself.

Thanks! So Fingerless gloves are a no then?

Top Bottom