support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Jazz Burning Organ

Cheers Rhys! Lovely stuff. I've liked Mr Auger's stuff since the sixties and I've often thought that if I didn't play sax then a B3 would be my instrument.

I'd heard the name Brian Auger but never knowingly heard him play. I was blown away by this clip when I stumbled on it.

And I've been watching a series of interview clips on YouTube and he comes across really well - lots of good stories, fantastic memory for people and places and a really genuine enthusiasm for what he does. Not too bothered about genres and labelling music styles, just being very creative.

Rhys

I'd heard the name Brian Auger but never knowingly heard him play. I was blown away by this clip when I stumbled on it.

And I've been watching a series of interview clips on YouTube and he comes across really well - lots of good stories, fantastic memory for people and places and a really genuine enthusiasm for what he does. Not too bothered about genres and labelling music styles, just being very creative.

Rhys
I am impressed.... really impressed... by his playing. And I have become a bit of a Hammond devotee in recent times...that is an impressive left hand

BUT

He gives the singer almost no chance to do her stuff. She might as well be hanging around for a bus for five minutes, sing for thirty seconds then continue waiting for that elusive lift. Meanwhile the king of keyboard(s) uses the other players as a light seasoning to keep his audience salivating but he's offering only one flavour; so for me the ensemble performance is a fail

Plus, let's face it, the keyboard player's sweat dropping between the Hammond keys didn't short the capacitors and start the electrical fire that your title had me eagerly waiting for...............

I think it's just how that particular tune is arranged, other numbers seem to give her plenty of opportunity - after all, she is his daughter...
and I think it's his son on drums
Fairynuff

I was coming to the recording without prior knowledge, but in the cold light of day I see that context is everything