support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Buescher Baritone

QWales

IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG
Can anyone tell me anything about this Sax please? It seems to play well in the right hands, I couldn't do much with it myself but 2 more experienced people in a class I take made some great sounds with it. I bought it described as 1950's but the guy who played it reckons 1920's.

20s or earlier I would think. Low B only and possibly up to Eb - can't see the palm keys but no rh side keys. High pitch?

Thinking about it - if there were any palm keys they should be visible in the last pic. So only up to C#. Sure it's a baritone?

It played really nicely when the guy in my class had a go. It was sold to me with the following info " Buescher Academy baritone saxophone, a lovely example of an interesting horn, quite unique the horn only plays down to a low C#" but there's no guarantees that is correct. I'll have a look for at the serial number when I get home.

It's an Eb baritone but with a lot of keywork left off to make it easier for a student.

Sounding pretty confident there Nick, so that's it then, it's a standard Eb Bari with the extra key work removed? I forgot to mention that there is a small, perfectly formed, 5mm ish hole roughly opposite the lowest of the 6 main keys, so located on the back of the lower part of the bell. I guess this was a mounting for the missing keywork?

Sounding pretty confident there Nick, so that's it then, it's a standard Eb Bari with the extra key work removed? I forgot to mention that there is a small, perfectly formed, 5mm ish hole roughly opposite the lowest of the 6 main keys, so located on the back of the lower part of the bell. I guess this was a mounting for the missing keywork?
See here.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom