Locality
Manchester,England
Ronnie Scott, enjoy..

Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
I think I'm going to have to have another look at Mr Scott. Never heard him play like that before. Trust you to find that.

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
I think I'm going to have to have another look at Mr Scott. Never heard him play like that before. Trust you to find that.

:))):))) Didn't find it Colin, just put it together and uploaded it to my YouTube channel. I might do some more, I have a lot of Ronnie so I'll do stuff that isn't on YouTube already..

Chris..

Clivey

Locality
Edinburgh/Hot Rock off African Coast
I always remember him from his TV show. Lordy. I think they must have started being screened in the 70`s and finished in the mid 80`s. He used to duet with a lot of really big hitter guests but I always thought Ronnie was Ace and usually better than those he was playing with, but I was very very young and just liked what I heard. Far to innocent to be conned by Jazz snobbery LOL.

I`m off to youtube him more

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
It's sad really as we have all these great players and they never seem to get a mention, it always seems to be American players that get talked about. There was and still is a lot of very good players on this side of the pond.. I know Kingsley has a good website http://www.kingsleyjazz.com/170034998 Lots of interesting stuff on there..

Chris..

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Ronnie Scott used to be all over the media when he was alive. His club is still world famous. I only saw the guy on telly and heard him on the radio. I loved the banter he used to have with the band but never enjoyed his playing that much. This track you've posted has revealed a gentler side that I had no idea existed.

Top Bottom