Tutorials

British Group: Sax and Honey

visionari1

I'm going to a Sax master class by these guys

http://saxandhoney.com/ The Sax player is English, Lynden Blades anyone heard of him? Going by there web site there music is jazz standards and right up my street.

Saxophonist Lynden Blades has had a varied and eclectic musical career which has taken him all over the world from London to Bangkok to Melbourne.
He studied jazz at London's City Lit and Brunel University in the mid 1990s and over the last decade has performed professionally all over the UK with a multitude of London-based jazz, soul, blues and ska acts.

The majority of his time is now taken up as saxophonist with Sax and Honey, the Sugar Hill Jazz Band and his own solo sax act Cool Sax. He currently performs at more than 200 gigs every year.

Lynden is also a talented singer with a characterful and hugely entertaining vocal style reminiscent of Louis Prima, Chet Baker, Bobby Darin and others. He frequently performs as guest vocalist with the duo and the band - adding his dynamic vocals to the more high energy jive and rock and roll tracks.

Lynden's passion for the sax also extends to teaching and he is a highly sought after music coach to beginners and intermediate players. His playful, creative, stimulating approach to teaching focuses on developing his students’ confidence and proficiency in live performance situations.

I'm also going to another on the same day by Fiona Pears a Jazz violinist.
I'll let you know how I get on with these master class, I've recorded these in previous years and are good value!

ciao
Jimu:mrcool

Top Bottom