Tutorials

Brit living and teaching in India

Andrew T

Hi everyone,

I'm a Brit living in the mountains in South India, although because they're only 8000ft, everyone calls them hiils here! It's warm and dry, and we're heading for a water shortage. Roll on the monsoon!! :D

I've been teaching myself alto for the last two months, borrowing my sons Hanson alto sax. When we go back to the UK this summer, I'm going to buy a tenor for myself (my son is getting fed up of me borrowing his alto all the time), and my son wants to buy a soprano. I want to go for a Walstein for both - they seem to get great reviews!

Looking forward to some interesting discussions.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome Andrew.
We already have school teachers here and everyone rises and says "Good Morning Mr, Mrs or Miss" every time they post but at my age, it's getting more difficult.
Beware of The Croydon and Sarf Lundun Massive or join when you get back. We make sure tigers don't trouble your garden.

OP
Andrew T

Andrew T

Why are you coming back:confused: Don't you get the news in India?

mamos
We miss the UK. I know economically it's in a bit of a state, but you do get homesick! It'll also be nice to eat for the five weeks we're back. Foods a real struggle out here. Every year I'm out here I lose weight - great for dieting! We also miss the countryside and the UK friends we have.

Col9

Hello and welcome from the lowlands of Northants, none of your 8000ft malarkey with us ;} We are all new here so don't be shy :)))

col.

Young Col

Welcome Andrew. We're used to people from all corners of the World, but is India a first? Can you bring back a Hindustan Ambassador (Mark II Morris Oxford for those too young to remember); they always figure in news reports of India and seem to go on for ever!

OP
Andrew T

Andrew T

Can you bring back a Hindustan Ambassador (Mark II Morris Oxford for those too young to remember); they always figure in news reports of India and seem to go on for ever!
Ambassadors are everywhere in India, and are a very cheap form of travel. We've had many happy rides in one. The great thing about them in India, is you can fit as many people in them as you like - our record so far is nine, plus driver. This included many young children though!

They're gradually being superceded now by other more modern forms of car. I have a feeling their days are numbered here!!

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Top Bottom