All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Brecon Jazz Festival 2012

TomMapfumo

Hi Folks!

I am pleased to report that the Brecon Jazz Festival WILL run in 2012 after the Hay Festival sponsorship finished last year. The programme has recently bben published and tickets are on sale from 9th June, 2012.

Looks an interesting programme, including Dionne Warwick of all people, Andy Sheppard et al. I'll have to find my old plastic pint glass and decide what I want to see.

U CAN CALL ME AL

Subscriber
Hi Folks!

I am pleased to report that the Brecon Jazz Festival WILL run in 2012 after the Hay Festival sponsorship finished last year. The programme has recently bben published and tickets are on sale from 9th June, 2012.

Looks an interesting programme, including Dionne Warwick of all people, Andy Sheppard et al. I'll have to find my old plastic pint glass and decide what I want to see.

I sincerely hope that history will not repeat itself. Was the previous demise of the fesival due to billing of 'current stars' Amy Winehouse, Cerys Matthews etc not truly Jazz performers? Did this alienate the true Jazz afficionado?

I sincerly hope the booking of an ageing 'star' (apologies to Dionne I am a sixties fan of her music) does not backfire
again.

TomMapfumo

I would have thought that the Festival seemed to get too large and suffer from poor management. The 3 years under the Hay festival seemed a more disciplined affair with more manageable prices. Apart from Dionne Warwick I am not sure any of the other artists are other than "jazz" musicians.

Here's hoping!

chadders

I'm both pleased and amazed that they have managed to pull this line up out of the bag this year as i was sure it was not going to happen - so much so that I have cancelled my accommodation for this year - Bugger! - I have been stewarding at Brecon for the last couple of years and it has been a great experience. Would recommend it as I managed to see some great acts
Chad

TomMapfumo

I'm probably going there on the Saturday to see "Food" (featuring Iain Ballamy) at 2pm, followed by "Trio Libero" (featuring Andy Sheppard) at 6pm. Anyone else going as yet, or fancy joining me?

Tom

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom