support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Breakfastroom rebranding operation

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
After extensive branding consultancy and focus group research (ie having a chat with my wife), it has been decided by the board (me) to rebrand the Breakfastroom and find a new name.

These measures have been decided upon with you in mind, for your safety and convenience and to comply with the latest EU regulations. But mostly to try and make more money for the site. We are very grateful for all the donations, but our accountant tells us that more drastic measures are required. We can assure you that we will still deliver the highest possible quality of saxophone discussion as well as the usual random topic or two.

We have considered various options including "Free Beer", "The Post Office", "The Coulsdon Improvement Scheme" and many others. We are now close to a final choice (which I won't reveal yet), but in the spirit of democracy and freedom all suggestions from the membership are welcome, though puns on the words "sax" and "sex" are not welcome.

EDIT: Just in case you are concerned, we will not be losing the coffee beans, or the stoat.

Pete
Nothing immediately comes to mind and I am not in brainstorming mode this morning (too much logical thinking on a quasi legal matter - I really need a lye down or a hour's alto practice...). However, it's a pity to lose the BR tag when it's getting recognised (even barring the BR connotation of British Rail for those old enough or UK enough to remember - actually a much maligned organisation and I speak as someone who did about 35 years commuting to London!). But whatever you do, keep the homely appeal of just dropping in for a chat or to ask advice.

And let me dismiss the Coulsdon Improvement Scheme idea. For those not familiar with the part of outer South London where I live, the main road has been a nightmare for years where the traffic builds up after coming off the M23. That's been solved by a shiny bypass that has the desired effect of just dumping the traffic to the North of Coulsdon further in towards London thus causing more nightmares. Meanwhile within the town centre the road is being dug up so that a cobbled rumble strip thing is laid down the middle and the road then raised up to the same level either side (yes the road is dug up three times for that). This means the narrowing of the road, loss of many free car parking spaces and busses having to bounce down the middle on the rumble strip thingy. So if I could ever afford to move to somewhere nice to retire, I would not want to be reminded of that very time I logged on to my sax forum! Thank you for your indulgence.
Cheers
Colin

However, it's a pity to lose the BR tag when it's getting recognised

Well, the cunning plan I have at the moment actually does not lose the breakfastroom chat area of the forum, though I think with something in the title that says "saxophone", we will get more revenue from relevant Google ads.

That is the grim reality, I need to get money coming in from advertisers to pay for the upkeep of the forum.

Pete,
YC's quasi-legal problem involves discharging firearms at members of the fuzz but because of a bad back, unable to provide back up. That is how you spell 'cowardice', isn't it?

Having got the usual rubbish over, what would happen if those of us who appreciate this board with all the advice and useful sale items, sent you a fiver or tenner? Does that involve you in any tax problems? Those wishing to make a contribution by Pay Pal might need to pay into a specific account, my contribution will arrive in a cleft stick borne by a postman. If it proves a cure or partial cure, shout if the board needs some more financial aid.

Now come on you tightwads, cough up or your name goes on the CaSLM 'Get and Git' list.

How about 'The CaSLM and similar Organisations' Newsletter', 'Pete's Pleasuredome', 'Adolph's Friendly Site' or 'Compare the Mouthpiece Dot Com'. Nobody could possibly mistake the purpose of any of those.

if you rebrand will you have problems shifting merchandise?

I'm happy to make a small donation and not just because I'm scared of the CaSLM, though I am living in a more refined part of Surrey :)

Thier site wouldn't let me put any stuff in the cart. :crying:

A thought, if you go for BR merchandise with the stoat/sax logo without the web address you can switch URL without problems.

True, but I shall probably not bother too much with the merchandising until nearer Christmas.

Very bad news they wouldn't let you buy anything, I'll check into that.

I had a problem there that even after emptying the cart it always says I have two items in it.

Maybe they are not such a good company.

I'll take a macchiato please. Like the new branding Pete - glad to see the beans still there - and of course the stoat

Back
Top Bottom