Tutorials

Breakfastroom Gathering

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Cafe Moderator
I did actually start planning something like this, then I got laid up with a shoulder op, then I got too busy. One day. There are some local meetups around though.

thehunt

Hi Mamos, we tried a get together but only lasted two sessions. A yearly get together would be great. I think would be great to advance playing techniques as well as meeting some of the members. Phil

OP
Mamos

Mamos

We need to find someone who would be interested in running some jazz workshops etc.

Plus we would need a venue with accommodation a bar and a hall.

A holiday park out of season would be good

We would have to make sure they had some decent beer in stock

I wonder if I could get a brewery to sponsor it

I know a couple of breweries who might be up for that sort of thing

mamos

old git

Tremendous Bore
It's obvious. Jacko is going to be in the O2 in Greenwich, sorry Docklands. If we all booked, went to the same performance, a word used after very careful consideration, our mass saxes could blow the strange one off the stage.
Get to it Pete or are you in the band?

TonyMoroney

I'd be up for such a gathering, it'd be quite invaluable to mix with many players of a higher level, and get to know others and have a good grin over a pint.

T.

Djangette

We need to find someone who would be interested in running some jazz workshops etc.

Plus we would need a venue with accommodation a bar and a hall.

A holiday park out of season would be good

We would have to make sure they had some decent beer in stock

I wonder if I could get a brewery to sponsor it

I know a couple of breweries who might be up for that sort of thing

mamos
Maybe some face painters and fire/sword swallowers - don't forget the kids and Health and Safety? I did outline planning for a festival once, it was a nightmare.

On the positive side the YHA (youth hostel association) have some nice cheap accommodation off-peak in lovely areas. (heart-sink at Butlins, etc - I thought it was going to be fun).

On the negative side ... how many reed players does it need to change a lightbulb?

Didn't Ronnie Scott have something to say on this matter?

Col9

Sounds great count me and jane in. Beer, food, sax playing great combo. Somewhere near the sea then we could all play on tyhe beach with a BBQ and a fire.

Col.

Top Bottom