support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Brave Cat

I heard about it on the radio, then just watched the video.
That's quite some cat :thumb:

Apologies in advance to Targa and other cat owners but i always thought cats were a waste as a pet.
Super Tara has restored my faith in cats :clapping:
I saw this on the news last night and was AMAZED
Tara you are TopCat :thumb:

When I was a kid our cat, a feisty great beast, was totally in love with one of my friends, Nick (used to wait for him when he came home from school and was totally obsessed with him). While playing Bulldogs in the back garden woe betide anyone who took Nick down- instant cat attack!

Quincy Jones once called the Brothers Johnson..."two of the meanest cats around".

When I was a kid my Dad turned up with a massive Ginger Tom. A work mate was emigrating and he'd volunteered for adoption duty. It didn't like dogs and particularly next doors miniature poodle. I answered a knock at the door one day to find a confused bobby who'd been sent because of a report of a dangerous animal attacking next door's dog. The cat had been terrorising the dog and the lady next door had started picking up the little thing to save him. She'd called the police when the cat had launched itself at the pair of them from the coal house roof. Caesar he was called.

An amazing bit of video! Thanks, Jeanette!

This was classic 'protecting a kitten' stuff. The cat had bonded with the child and regarded the child as a 'kitten'.

I have, and have had, dogs and cats, and both can be great pets.

The characteristic which I don't like about dogs is their pack instinct, as exemplified in foxhounds. In other respects - unwavering loyalty, companions for walks, barking at intruders - they are great.

The anarchistic nature of cats appeals to me. When the situation demand it - as in this video - cats are guerrilla fighters.

When relaxed, give them a guitar and a jazz cigarette and they are hippies, by anyone's standards... just having one around puts a different perspective on life.

Cats could rent themselves out as therapy for hypertension...

I don't see anything wrong with a pack instinct. Kind of like people. When we had five Wiemeraners they would investigate together, eat together and play together. They still do the same now although there are only three of them left.

I have always thought that "pack" attitude is the wrong descriptive. More "working together" than anything else.

Last edited:
A lot of the time I would agree with you, Prof.

But I have seen dogs gang up and attack lone dogs and pose a general threat to anything living - it is that which I don't like, and it is that instinct which has been used in creating foxhound packs. Groups attacking an individual is not attractive in humans, either.

A lot of the problems which arise are not the dogs' fault, but irresponsible owners. Good dogs are a joy.

A lot of the time I would agree with you, Prof.

But I have seen dogs gang up and attack lone dogs and pose a general threat to anything living - it is that which I don't like, and it is that instinct which has been used in creating foxhound packs. Groups attacking an individual is not attractive in humans, either.

A lot of the problems which arise are not the dogs' fault, but irresponsible owners. Good dogs are a joy.
Understood. Appreciate your comments as well.

Back
Top Bottom