All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Bradford Woodwind Exchnge

Pete C

I'm up in Yorkshire for a walking holiday soon and thought I'd call in at Bradford Woodwind Exchange and peruse the vintage horns on offer. Anyone know the shop - good horns? good service?

Pete

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Hi Pete, Stu always has something of interest in stock,plus you get a brew as well:thumb:. My last three sax's have come from there. Happy sax hunting;}

Chris

they are shut for hols 6th to 18th Aug

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
I'm up in Yorkshire for a walking holiday soon and thought I'd call in at Bradford Woodwind Exchange and peruse the vintage horns on offer. Anyone know the shop - good horns? good service?
It might also be interesting to visit the Hanson factory nearby, lovely countryside, friendly sheep, can't remember the quality of the tea.

Juju

Pete
Vintage sax heaven! If you want to try all vintage horns take lots of time, maybe 3 days or so...;}
Juju

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Stuart is a really nice bloke and decent sax player. You may be in the shop for a looooooong time!
If you make it to Pateley Bridge (good place to walk) come and see us. My partner and I run a glassblowing workshop there.
I'll get the kettle on.
Andy

Morgan Fry

Great shop. Go early, Stuart has dozens of nice vintage horns -- Selmers, Conns, a few Martins and Bueschers, too. Some good mouthpieces as well, but I think most of the vintage ones end up on ebay these days.

Rogerb

It might also be interesting to visit the Hanson factory nearby, lovely countryside, friendly sheep, can't remember the quality of the tea.
Good tea and friendly people :)
(Don't park in front of the caff next door.... they don't like it!!)

Pete C

Well I made it to Bradford WW Exchange during my walking holiday in Yorkshire - must confirm all the positive opinions you gave me beforehand - what a treasure palace and Stu was very helpful and informative - I couldn't beleive it when I was shown the basement room which contained at least 12 mark VIs plus various SBAs, Kings, Buffets etc. After 3 hours of sampling, I came away with a very nice 1963 mark VI, all original that plays really well. My Mauriat RUL which it replaces was sold almost immediately to someone who has attended one of my workshops so I might even manage to pay the credit card bill! I did the first gig on the VI last night and really enjoyed the punchy focused sound. So thoroughly recommend the place if you want to find a vintage sax and lighten your bank balance.

Pete

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
I'm pleased you are sorted Pete,hope you enjoyed your walking holiday. Just got back from hiking in Slovenia. Almost as good as Yorkshire. Enjoy your Mk VI.
Andy

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
I went in there today to have a look around (I'm already thinking about my next sax.... oh dear, it's not just early music afficionados that suffer from GAS...).

What super people - incredibly helpful and full of genuine and useful advice. They laid out a room of saxes for me: Conn, Buescher, Selmer, Martin, King, Yamaha, Antigua....

Really helped to give me some ideas, so I'm going to go armed with some music, set aside a half day and treat myself to a prezzie around early DecemberI think!

Nice cup of tea too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom