support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

BOTM November 2019 - But Beautiful

I found this quite a challenge. But anyway here's mine...
Nice work, Mark. How was it a challenge? I found it be as well because the form didn't seem apparent to me at first. I had to listen to the vocal and then a few instrumental versions before I started to understand, yet it's not that complicated.

Nice work, Mark. How was it a challenge? I found it be as well because the form didn't seem apparent to me at first. I had to listen to the vocal and then a few instrumental versions before I started to understand, yet it's not that complicated.
I think the form is pretty standard but the phrasing took a while to get. It's ok playing the melody, but then the ideas in the solo need to somehow match. I got a bit lost. Plus, that arrangement is quite dramatic and I don't have the skill to really go along with that. Never mind, I am where I am. I might indulge in a second attempt for this month. It's a great tune!

Unfortunately I'm totally under the water with work. I was a long week-end in France today being WW1 armistice celebration, but I spend both Saturday and today working. Our IT project goes live tomorrow, so it's all hands on deck!

Anyways, rather than finding excuses for not participating, here is a link to my favorite Podcast that was spot on yesterday:

Repassez-moi l'standard: 'But beautiful'

I still have to listen to it. Perhaps partly tomorrow on my way to ... work! :doh:

As that Norfolk turkey guy Bernard used to say,

"Bootiful"

Thanks to Nigewald for his usual hard work and for introducing me to the toon

A very assured performance. Not a turkey, or a duck, in sight.
Many thanks

An excellent version as always. :)

That doesn't seem to sound like your usual bari - have you changed?
I always seem to change.
I used to have a The Martin Comm III that I traded on a Yanagisawa B6 (which I used to own).(it’s a long story)
Just prior to the trade I bought another The Martin as a parts horn.
following the trade I really missed the previous Martin, so I worked the parts horn up into a player.
I have completely re-padded it but there is a leak somewhere between upper and lower stacks that I can’t find for the life of me.
Anyway, long story short, I have been playing a MKVI for the last 6-8 months but for a change I dug out the leaky Martin and the old Woodwind Co Mouthpiece.
Bet you wished you hadn’t asked

Here's my contribution on a leaky The Martin Baritone.
Nick.
I always seem to change.
I used to have a The Martin Comm III that I traded on a Yanagisawa B6 (which I used to own).(it’s a long story)
Just prior to the trade I bought another The Martin as a parts horn.
following the trade I really missed the previous Martin, so I worked the parts horn up into a player.
I have completely re-padded it but there is a leak somewhere between upper and lower stacks that I can’t find for the life of me.
Anyway, long story short, I have been playing a MKVI for the last 6-8 months but for a change I dug out the leaky Martin and the old Woodwind Co Mouthpiece.
Bet you wished you hadn’t asked

Sounds complicated.
But as I understand it, you currently have (at least) 3 bars - a Yanagisawa B6, a Selmer Mk VI, and a Martin.
How difficult is it to switch from the "modern" bars to the Martin?

Sounds complicated.
But as I understand it, you currently have (at least) 3 bars - a Yanagisawa B6, a Selmer Mk VI, and a Martin.
How difficult is it to switch from the "modern" bars to the Martin?
I find the VI the most difficult of the three and the Martin the most comfortable.
The close proximity of the left pinky table and its tilting action doesn’t fully agree with my big hands.

Back
Top Bottom