support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

BOTM Nov 2018 - Nature Boy

Have you moved or deleted the file? I keep getting a 'Bad gateway' error.

Something was wrong with the whole Box.com website last night. It all seems to be working fine now. One of the hazards of storing stuff "in the cloud".

Rhys

Hi all. I've been collared to provide this month's ballad. I've chosen Nature Boy - a tune that I've found interesting for a long time but I've never got round to playing. There are many different versions out there but here's just a couple of contrasting ones:

Dots and a couple of different backing tracks (kindly supplied by nigeld) can be found here.

I hope you enjoy having a bash at this. With a bit of luck I'll have a go sometime.

Hi all. I've been collared to provide this month's ballad. I've chosen Nature Boy - a tune that I've found interesting for a long time but I've never got round to playing. There are many different versions out there but here's just a couple of contrasting ones:

Dots and a couple of different backing tracks (kindly supplied by nigeld) can be found here.

I hope you enjoy having a bash at this. With a bit of luck I'll have a go sometime.

No Saxophones here and I am sure most of you have heard it before, but my favourite version

Miles Davis - Nature boy

Following on in @Colin the Bear 's footsteps, I had a play around with Reaper DAW and a downloaded backing track based on the Ella, Joe Pass version. The download had quite a long guitar intro, so I've spliced it up, put a bit of a guitar solo in the middles, doubled up the verses and interlaced some singing with a bit of Sax stuff It was only after I recorded the vocal bits that I discovered that it was in a different key to the song sheets! Had to have a rethink and relearn! Great bit of transcribing practice. Great fun!

View: https://soundcloud.com/user-380338591/nature-boy
Ooh! More singing. What is it wiv you lot? Last time I looked this was a sax forum. Next thing I imagine we'll get a ruddy accordion version.;)
Nice singing though.

Thanks @B Flat ,@U CAN CALL ME AL and @randulo. 3 different saxes, 3 different styles and 2 different time signatures. Nice to have a bit of variation. :D

For some reason my head didn't want to get on with any of the backings I could find, so here's a solo version (complete with random noodling):.

Edited cos brain malfulfunction - sorry @B Flat

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom