BOTM Nov 2018 - Nature Boy

Keep Blowing

Commercial Subscriber
Hi all. I've been collared to provide this month's ballad. I've chosen Nature Boy - a tune that I've found interesting for a long time but I've never got round to playing. There are many different versions out there but here's just a couple of contrasting ones:

Dots and a couple of different backing tracks (kindly supplied by nigeld) can be found here.

I hope you enjoy having a bash at this. With a bit of luck I'll have a go sometime.
Hi all. I've been collared to provide this month's ballad. I've chosen Nature Boy - a tune that I've found interesting for a long time but I've never got round to playing. There are many different versions out there but here's just a couple of contrasting ones:

Dots and a couple of different backing tracks (kindly supplied by nigeld) can be found here.

I hope you enjoy having a bash at this. With a bit of luck I'll have a go sometime.
No Saxophones here and I am sure most of you have heard it before, but my favourite version

Miles Davis - Nature boy

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
Following on in @Colin the Bear 's footsteps, I had a play around with Reaper DAW and a downloaded backing track based on the Ella, Joe Pass version. The download had quite a long guitar intro, so I've spliced it up, put a bit of a guitar solo in the middles, doubled up the verses and interlaced some singing with a bit of Sax stuff It was only after I recorded the vocal bits that I discovered that it was in a different key to the song sheets! Had to have a rethink and relearn! Great bit of transcribing practice. Great fun!

https://soundcloud.com/user-380338591%2Fnature-boy View: https://soundcloud.com/user-380338591/nature-boy
Ooh! More singing. What is it wiv you lot? Last time I looked this was a sax forum. Next thing I imagine we'll get a ruddy accordion version.;)
Nice singing though.

Top Bottom