All fees from subs and sales are supporting musicians suffering hardship due to COVID-19
ArtistWorks

BoTM March 2020: How Long Has This Been Going On

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
Does the reduced air pressure at the top of Everest affect intonation?

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 2.25 years
Subscriber
Fortunately, no metal mouthpiece to stick to lips

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 2.25 years
Subscriber
My Playlist for this month's tune includes:
I forgot to mention your picks, Rhys. I've always loved Mose and he's in form on this recording. Most musicians I know think he's an underrated jazz pianist, but fortunately he got attention with his vocal tunes. Georgie Fame is known as a "jazzbo" among those who appreciate the music, and were surprised after "She Said Yeh Yeh". He recorded a new version with killer musicians like Steve Gadd and Will Lee (new:30 years ago!). The most surprising of the three is Zoot, I've never heard him so restrained and simple. A truly great saxophonist.

rhysonsax

I used a transcription of the lovely version by Ben Webster as the basis of a tenor recording I just made. Ben played the rarely-heard verse in a very rubato way with pianist Hank Jones before going into tempo and finishing with the final section shifting up a semitone. That rubato proved too much of a challenge for me using BiaB so I played it solo before the rhythm section came in.

How Long Has This Been Going On - Rhys Tenor Verse & 2 choruses V1a.mp3 - Box

Rhys

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom