support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

BOTM JAN 2019 - Goodbye Pork Pie Hat

Keep Blowing

Locality
Bottesford England
Happy New Year to you all !

Thanks @nigeld for asking me to do this and for supplying the backing track and the sheet music.
(the only problem is I cant' figure out how to put it here)

The song was written in 1959 by Charles Mingus as an elegy for Lester Young, who had died a few months before.
There are quite a few good versions of this I will start it off with the original.
Please post your favourites and I look forward to hearing your own recordings, it doesn't matter how experienced you are, have a go its a great piece of music.
If any beginners want to post in the beginners thread that would be good, maybe the BOTW and the SOTM can be run alongside the beginners recordings thread

View: https://youtu.be/5IsNHDuwJrM

I have just realised I have missed the word "Pork" out of the title, I blame the wine. anyone know how I can change it please

I have just realised I have missed the word "Pork" out of the title, I blame the wine. anyone know how I can change it please
I noticed and thought you’d omitted it on purpose .. in a sort of laid back, ultra cool “Jazz” way.
If you want to edit it, you might have the power to do so, because it’s your thread. Is there an edit option on your first opening post? If there is, you can alter the title too.

I love this song very much. I have a few versions but my favourite is Joni Mitchell singing it.... now I can’t remember if hers is a tribute to the song or the original version.

I noticed and thought you’d omitted it on purpose .. in a sort of laid back, ultra cool “Jazz” way.
If you want to edit it, you might have the power to do so, because it’s your thread. Is there an edit option on your first opening post? If there is, you can alter the title too.

I love this song very much. I have a few versions but my favourite is Joni Mitchell singing it.... now I can’t remember if hers is a tribute to the song or the original version.
I have had a look but can't figure it out, I'm sure @Jeanette will sort it out for me. ( I was going to say thanks to Jeanette for correcting my mistakes in the introduction) I think Joni Mitchell put her own lyrics to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the new title. >:)
Maybe it could be “Goodbye American Pie Pork Hat”

Goodbye eip krop Hat
- sounds like a German film noir title from the 1920’s

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the Pork Pie Hat in question.

b26ed8c9.jpg

Which just goes to show that a hat doesn't always make you look cool.

Back
Top Bottom