support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

BOTM February 2022 - Time After Time

I have been taken up with other stuff in the first half of February but now have a bit of time to work at the BOTM and SOTM. Here's a mid tempo version of Time After Time with me on baritone.

Time After Time - Rhys bari V1.mp3 - Box

Rhys
That was rather jolly. A good contrast to Chet Baker’s rather anguished version.
Good bari sound.

Apologies for the delay in listening.

Mark Hancock - Cool how you brought it in from the verse. I'll echo the prior feedback -- very nice, relaxed take. Lyrical approach.

Olds1959Special - Man, never heard you play so inside. Your tone really shines through here, very smokey. Very patient, lyrical approach. I'm really enjoying this. Where you're kind of gliding over the changes, it really works. I think this is the best outing I've heard you on, yet. Nice!

Whoops! With apolgies, I missed this one (this forum doesn't auto update like some others, apparently).

Rhysonsax - V1. Really enjoy the feel of this. Like Serge and Cecil Payne shook hands. Nice flow. Can't tell if the growl is intentional or not, but it works!

V2. Agree that you did Ben proud. You know, any time I hear a guy like that in my head, when I listen to the playback (where I've tried to emulate the style) and I always sound like an 11-year-old girl with braces playing a leaky clarinet. You did not. :D

Rather a quiet month, but many thanks to all the contributors.
As usual. this thread will remain open, and further contributions are very welcome.

It's great that you are organising the BOTM and SOTM threads, often sorting out the music and backings and hosting sometimes too. I enjoy finding out what has been chosen each month, searching out good recorded versions and getting to grips with playing them.

It's also great hearing the recordings that forum members share, so long may it continue.

Rhys

Last night I went to a small jazz venue in town and my friend Kellie (the singer) asked me whether I had a wish, I asked whether she knew Time after Time and she told me she knew the song but had never performed it. Tony on the keyboard pulled up the tab after they established she was probably best in the key of C and off they went. No rehearsal, none of them had ever played the song before....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cqGSLxCThk

I also have a recording of this song

View: https://youtu.be/yXOsfHDIuQU

hope you like it

best greetings from the black forest
That is the Cyndi Lauper song, rather than the one written by Jule Styne and Sammy Cahn.
But excellent playing nonetheless. Thank you. It's always great to hear you. Are both the duetting saxes the same one? if you see what I mean.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom