support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

BOTM February 2017 Smile

Lots of versions of this around the net. Nice easy changes/tempo/melody, should be a great month.

Chris..

Very interesting, I've just done one go through to test and I can see that I think I might learn a lot from this one. This is very 'on tempo', actually done sight reading and I think you can't do it this way.

First it's very boring, compared to the example above by Andrea Tardioli, it just plods along too much. You need to break the rhythm away from the notes.

Second, it's actually almost impossible to play like this neway; there's no breaks, no breaths, it's just one long dirge.

Ok, so those things to change before I post the next version...and see what to do with the soling...leave that to Sat when teacher comes probs...for now, very boring stodgy version:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97346875/smile20170201.mp3

I'm glad you liked the theme.
Thanks Tiberius for kicking off, I'm not an expert, (and maybe I'll say a great stupidity) but try to use the score just as a physical memory, to remember the dots of the song, do not follow the score with so much precision, let the music flow ;)

...do not follow the score with so much precision
Absolutely, I was surprised just how bad this one sounds if you follow the notes. It really does require interpretation. I've done a few much better now (in my view), just gonna play with soloing for a while before I commit another one.

Just can't seem to open zip files

You can't unzip or display the zip file content on box.com, but if you download the file to your local PC you can extract the content files there (I just did that and it worked for me).

Nice choice. For those like me who find timing easier with the lyrics, or those who feel the urge to sing, the lyrics are here.

@Tiberius Apologies I missed your post, grovel. Nice tone and I couldn't fault the timing! Now go and listen to a whole load of vocalists, learn the lyrics of the song, then sing as you play or rather play it as you would sing it. Learn the dots on this one 'til you can play it by feel, forget the timing on this one except the note on the first beat of the bar!
Regards Al

...forget the timing on this one except the note on the first beat of the bar

Yeah, tbh my main point in that first recording was just how bad it sounds if you do follow the notes. Of course, I'm not usually very good at following the timing correctly, strange that I managed it on this one :)

As Colin says, I think I'll go have a listen to Nat King Coal...strangely, sitting in the kitchen, is an unopened set of Nat King Coal 'best of' CD's, bought many years ago at a motorway service station during a long drive. I never got round to them.

I'd best shut up and post something, First beat, it's just that smile is the song title and occurs where? to accentuate it. Even if it does arrive late it needs emphasis.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom