support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

BotM Feb 2020- Smoke gets in your eyes

Mt very favourite baritone player is the great Ronnie Ross and he recorded a nice version of this month's song on his album "Stompin' with the Ronnie Ross Quartet". I transcribed his solo and then found a piano backing track that worked for me to play with once I sped it up and raised it by a semitone:

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - Rhys bari with piano V1.mp3 - Box

If anyone would like to see my transcription it's here: Smoke Gets in Your Eyes - Ronnie Ross Bari solo V2 - Baritone Sax.pdf - Box

Rhys

I managed to break my collarbone in a stupid snowboarding accident before I got around to making a proper recording, so here's one of my practice sessions recorded on the phone. Sorry about the audio quality.

Looks like I'll be off the saxophone for about 6 weeks :eek: I tried just putting the sax on to practice long tones and intervals (minus right hand) but it did not work at all - too painful. I guess I'll just be doing long tones using the mouthpiece and neck only until the physio says it's ok. That and some extra ear training I guess...

Even with 29 days in February I didn't get as far as I wanted with transcribing the Sonny Rollins live recording from Prague (see the video higher up this thread). In fact it gets really challenging in the second chorus with flurries of notes that are difficult to hear and then the very lengthy cadenza. I therefore stopped at just one chorus and played that today with a simple BiaB backing track I made.

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - Concert C Rhys tenor V5.mp3 - Box

Rhys

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom