PPT mouthpieces

BOTM December 2015 - NAIMA

Would be great to get a CD of each of you top players doing a track. Could sell it to raise money for the charity....

Nice tune - but difficult to get grips with the complex harmony. maybe @aldevis or @Nick Wyver or anyone else, could shed some light on how to play over the changes?:)
Actually in this case you might be the right person.
Chords are actually more a description of voicings than harmonic function.
For example the first bars are very roughly some kind of Vm/I with lovely tensions and suspensions.
Writing down those notes as leading lines is probably the best strategy.

I will think better about it in the next days.

@Gareth WG . Good choice, this is something that lots of us beginners can have a go at, even if we do not post it.
images
Ummm I think I have just set myself up :eek:.
Though I think I will pass on the improvisation.

Would love to hear some more versions of this tune, Jeanette, Bolding, Trimmy, Prof, Rob P, Rhys, please post your versions.

I really enjoy hearing people of all experience and capabilities, for example I hope that my beginners stab at this song will inspire other newbies to have a crack.(even just the melody)

Also more experience players can really help with ideas for improv. Just listened to Chris (well done man, sound great) and it gave me some ideas with regards to improv.

Personally love these threads, love hearing fellow members play........from newbies to pro's. So let's get posting please. Thank you.....speech over

Great MLoosemoore, well done sir.

You nailed the ending as well.

Yep the improv bit huh? Also stuck, but great effort........

Thanks Chris. If I decide repeating the sheet several times is a problem I can always edit the BT to one chorus. I quite like going through it more than once though. I am hopeful that one day a stunning improv will just flow from the horn unbidden. :doh:

Nice one Mark.:)

Remember guys, if the improvisation side of Jazz puts you off:w00t: I did put out the offer to do a single chorus of this and any other upcoming BOTM songs. But you have to ask for them.

@trimmy Cheers for the comment Kev:thumb:

Chris..
@Chris Please will you do the single chorus with the ending? Thank you.

Thanks Chris. If I decide repeating the sheet several times is a problem I can always edit the BT to one chorus. I quite like going through it more than once though. I am hopeful that one day a stunning improv will just flow from the horn unbidden. :doh:
it will

Back
Top Bottom