All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

BOTM August 2018 Blue Moon

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Locality
Whitchurch, North Shropshire UK
And what is a blue moon you ask, or maybe you don't. It's a second full moon in a calendar month. Very important in the social calendar before electric lighting and cars etc.
The Lunar Society, which was a monthly meeting to discuss intellectual ideas, science, philosophy etc. Their name came from meeting on the Monday after the full moon so that there was light to ride home. This was the C18th so no street lights. Lunar Society of Birmingham - Wikipedia Some big names are associated with it.

King Casey

Locality
Melbourne Victoria Australia
Thanks last. The backing track is 'The Marcels' version. Goes a bit funky in the bridge for me but I'll see about a work-around.
cheers, Mark.

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
Locality
Peeblesshire
Saw this vid yesterday and was curious enough to take a second look...

How does the wee man manage to sit higher than the wall?

What musical notation indicates a twitch of head to the left on every other bar?

Also...should his fingers move in time to the music? I can't see my fingers when I play so I'm not sure if they coordinate with the notes like his don't

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Locality
Just north of Munich
To answer your questions:

1 inbuilt hoverboard
2 he's misreading the staccatissimo at the beginning of those bars.
3 yes, but you know that sound travels slower than light.

GCinCT

Seeker of truth and beauty
Subscriber
Locality
Oneonta, NY
Before the month ends, here is my first attempt at a Ballad of the Month and this first time I have ever shared a recording of me playing tenor. Please, completely honesty in your comments. I'm here to improve. My alto version will be here later.

Blue Moon Tenor

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
Locality
Bristol, UK
Well done in posting your first recording. Hopefully the first of many.

An issue I noticed was timing - at the beginning you had a tendency to come in a beat early (too eager), and later on in the improvisation I sometimes had the impression that you were doing your own thing independent of the backing track beat. But you always seemed to end in the right place, so that was good. Timing problems are a common enough result of nerves, but I wondered if you could hear the backing track beat well enough. Maybe you should turn up the volume a bit in the headphones.

GCinCT

Seeker of truth and beauty
Subscriber
Locality
Oneonta, NY
Well done in posting your first recording. Hopefully the first of many.

An issue I noticed was timing - at the beginning you had a tendency to come in a beat early (too eager), and later on in the improvisation I sometimes had the impression that you were doing your own thing independent of the backing track beat. But you always seemed to end in the right place, so that was good. Timing problems are a common enough result of nerves, but I wondered if you could hear the backing track beat well enough. Maybe you should turn up the volume a bit in the headphones.
I did have some trouble hearing the backing track. Thanks for pointing out the timing issue. More volume next time.

OP
last

last

Locality
Germany
Here's little video I made with my recording from post #46.

:old:last

Reactions: Sue

s.mundi

Locality
Texas Gulf Coast
I hate to see August end, because this BOTM is full of the best type sex appeal..

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom
test6