support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

BOTM April 2016 "Alfie"

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
OK folks, this month is plan 'B', which means yours truly is the host>:)
It does mean I can be a little bit self indulgent when it comes to ballad choice>:)
To follow on from my single chorus tune from a few days ago and looking for something
that hopefully most of us will be able to have a go at I have picked the ' Burt Bacarach'
song 'Alfie' It's not overly long, it has a nice melody, plus it doesn't really need any improvisation:).
Yes as with all tunes you can make them your own, but you can also just follow the notes:)

Backing track etc can be found here "ALFIE"

This folder now has an extra track, using Vibes/Drums/Bass

If anyone would like a different backing eg Piano/vibes,Bass and Drums let me know and I'll sort
something out:)

A classic example of this song is here...:)

Most of all have fun and there should be some great versions of this one posted over the next few weeks:)

Chris....

Last edited:
That Tommy Smith version is great - he has such a beautiful sound..

It might be a good challenge to try to record a version with just bass and drums.

Rhys

Hey,

I was hoping for

but anyway...

Alfie

This "wav" streaming sounds awful.
I've put the version to my Dropbox: Alfie
Selmer SBA with Philtone Sapphire Special Limited 7*

And here's one with Yamaha 875, Sapphire Special Limited, slightly different mic position.

Alfie

Cheers, Guenne

Last edited by a moderator:
Flying start to the month guys:) @Colin the Bear very cool slightly more uptempo version :thumb:
@Guenne Classic version very well played:thumb:.

Glad it seems to have found favour with you guys:)

I'll put a trio backing tack together and add it to the folder, still trying to rebuild my music set up on Win10 PC:confused:
Might have a thought about audio interfaces and Daws later, for guys that are just getting started..:)

Chris..

I have a beginner question regarding the Eb version, In Bar 33 (1st page, last line 3rd bar) there is a Gb shown, since it is set in A major with out the accidental the G would be sharp so is this a G natural or an enharmonic with F# and if the latter why not put the note on the F line and then it would be sharp because of the key?
What am I missing here?

Last edited:
New versions posted, questions being asked, argghhh:confused:

@Rob Pealing welcome to the anomalies of notation using BiaB, the note will be F#.
@U CAN CALL ME AL cool soft alto version Alun:thumb:
@jimmylh nice start to the month Jimmy:thumb:

This is done using the new music setup, PC/interface/Daw

Chris..:)

The folder in the first post now has an extra track, featuring Vibes/Drums/Bass

Last edited:

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom