Effects Boss VE-20

Mister Levity

Anyone used the Boss VE-20 ?
I'm looking to start using some effects , I borrowed a guitarists pedal board but would prefer everything in one box.

Taz

Busking Oracle
If you have got the spare cash I'd go for the TC Helicon voiceclive 3. An amazing piece of kit with unlimited features including harmonies, stereo effects and a loop pedal. I'll try and find a post I put up to demo it for you

Taz

Busking Oracle

OP
Mister Levity

Mister Levity

Thanks Taz, what you've put together is very impressive. I don't think I would go that deep into things. Since our Trombone/Trumpet player is no longer with the band and I'm now the only horn player we've been using keyboards to cover things. I thought the pedal board might work but I couldn't get on with it. Have you used the Voice Live 3 to get a section sound for gigs ?

spike

Old Indian
Subscriber
Yes @Taz is the man that's really good stuff.
I got a VE-20 earlier this year. I'm knocked out with it, it's simple to use, very solid box, the harmony settings are great, very realistic.
I'm a click and go person not really interested in tweaking. I haven't used it live as yet but if all you need is harmony plus maybe a bit of chorus and effects it'll do the job out the box.
In the old days I used a Lexicon MPX 100. I don't know the Helicon box, it is more expensive. I've never tried it.
From me a thumbs for the VE-20, it's a solid box - good bang for the buck. :)

OP
Mister Levity

Mister Levity

Yes @Taz is the man that's really good stuff.
I got a VE-20 earlier this year. I'm knocked out with it, it's simple to use, very solid box, the harmony settings are great, very realistic.
I'm a click and go person not really interested in tweaking. I haven't used it live as yet but if all you need is harmony plus maybe a bit of chorus and effects it'll do the job out the box.
In the old days I used a Lexicon MPX 100. I don't know the Helicon box, it is more expensive. I've never tried it.
From me a thumbs for the VE-20, it's a solid box - good bang for the buck. :)
Thanks Spike , sounds like it could be the way to go.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Thanks Taz, what you've put together is very impressive. I don't think I would go that deep into things. Since our Trombone/Trumpet player is no longer with the band and I'm now the only horn player we've been using keyboards to cover things. I thought the pedal board might work but I couldn't get on with it. Have you used the Voice Live 3 to get a section sound for gigs ?
I only use it in a small covers band, but often stick in two and three part harmonies, often using the octave down for the bari part, (it’s not worth hauling my bari to gigs like theses.) Some times, because the venues are so small, it’s not worth putting a mic up for me but then the horn sounds dead. What you can do with the VL3 is remove the lead instrument and just play the effects. Now that’s funky!

Tutorials
Top Bottom