Formerly known as "nachoman"
Locality
brighton by the sea
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Born to Be Blue

Tagline: Love is instramental

Genre: Drama, Music

Director: Robert Budreau

Cast: Ethan Hawke, Carmen Ejogo, Callum Keith Rennie, Stephen McHattie, Janet-Laine Green, Tony Nappo, Janine Theriault, Tony Nardi, Katie Boland, Dan Lett, Sophia Walker, Kevin Hanchard, Drew Davis, Charles Officer, Joe Cobden, Kedar Brown, Barbara Mamabolo, Natassia Halabi, Barbara Eve Harris, Eugene Clark, Bruno Rocca, Kwasi Songui

Release: 2015-09-13

Runtime: 97

Plot: Jazz legend Chet Baker finds love and redemption when he stars in a movie about his own troubled life to mount a comeback.

OP
Jules

Jules

Locality
brighton by the sea
Does anyone know this movie? I discovered it referenced in a podcast as one of the best film of the last 10 years- which may well be an overstatement but it was nonetheless a vastly superior biopic. Ethan Hawk does a fantastic job of bringing out the balance of charm and narcissistic self destruction which plagued Chet Baker...
A bit tricky to track down. I had to order a DVD from Germany, but well worth looking out for

Veggie Dave

Sax Worker
Locality
Citizen of Nowhere
'Tis indeed a very good film. Not knowing Baker's history I was surprised by his choice of returning to his old crutch, too.

I can't remember if it's on Amazon Prime or Netflix at the moment, but it was on one of them recently.

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
Locality
Hampshire
It's on Amazon UK, currently for rent. Not included with Prime Video at the moment.

OP
Jules

Jules

Locality
brighton by the sea
'Tis indeed a very good film. Not knowing Baker's history I was surprised by his choice of returning to his old crutch, too.

I can't remember if it's on Amazon Prime or Netflix at the moment, but it was on one of them recently.
I found Ethan Hawke incredibly Mickey Rourke like in his on screen persona here.... a touch of angel heart and a bit of the wrestler..

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom