SYOS
Resource icon

Booking Letter or informal contract/rider for gigs

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Jules submitted a new resource:

Booking Letter or informal contract/rider - A handy letter for clients

As a veteran of more function gigs than I care to remember me and my merry men (and ladies) have fallen foul of a wide array of things that can potentially go wrong, misunderstandings and the like. In the spirit of making our shows run smoothly, and in conjunction with my work colleagues here at sax.co, I’ve devised a letter which we now send out with our booking to try and head off some of the more predicable pitfalls. Feel free to use/modify/ comment for your own projects….

Thank you for...
Read more about this resource...

rhysonsax

Useful resource. We use something similar, but maybe not so well phrased.

What do you do about payment terms, including deposit, cancellation fees, when and how to pay the balance ?

Rhys

OP
Jules

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
We're fairly flexible on payment (as long as its on the night) and, to date, haven't had problems which require deposits. Two more points which have come up recently- approximate stage times- we did a gig only yesterday where the second of our 45 minute sets was expected after midnight- something we weren't told beforehand and didn't go down well with those of us who had to drive back. Secondly- on the food front.... pre-warn catering about any vegetarians in the band (we did tell the booker but it didn't get passed on to the kitchen staff, who got a bit 'funny' about four vegetarians.... Fat45 being a right bunch of Brighton hippies at heart!)!

Last edited:

dooce

We always try to confirm the stage timings as well, ever since we played our 2 sets at a pub gig and were packing up at a civilised 11.30, only to be told that if we wanted paying we'd better be back on stage at midnight for another 45 minutes! Fortunately we persuaded the manager that it was a misunderstanding, got another 50 quid and we've been regulars there ever since........

Top Bottom