All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Blues book recommendations wanted

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Yup- from the stuff we've got "Harrington: Blues Improvisation Complete" is a good one (or to be exact, the book is good but the jam along CD with it excellent) & there's always "Blues Saxophone: An In-Depth Look At...."- which gives a blues solo in the style of loads of great players (Stanley Turrentine, King Curtis, Sonny Stitt etc) to learn, absorb and be inspired by.

thomsax

The books Jules recommends are good. There are some other stuff made for Blues Saxophonists. But I don’t think they are available (for sale). It’s a pity, beacause I think there are some demand for a pure Blues Sax book with CD.

I have been trying to put together a book with a CD (play-along, samples, riffs, fillings, how to play a solo… ) from the Rock-Blues Sax horizont (if you understand what I mean!?!?!) with help from my saxplaying friends. Not jazz. I think the Blues sax is the key for playing in other Rock genres (Rock&Roll, R&B, Soul, Funk, Reggea).

I talked to a Swedish Rocksaxplayer about his sesion works (he use to do sax layers after the ”real” saxplayers are ready). ” I don’t understand why they call me? I guess they want me to make it a little more ”less exact”, ”dirty” and ”slabby” ”. I think this conclude the bluessax in Rock !

Thomas

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom