All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Blowing my own trumpet again I'm afraid.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Hello Saxophone chums.

I thought you might like to see a short video of me and my mate Wol making a perfume bottle for the Queen.
The Royal Society of Chemistry commissioned us to make a bottle to hold a unique fragrance to be given to Her Maj
to commemorate the end of her Jubilee year.

It's good to know that we're doing our best to keep our Monarch fragrant.

Last edited by a moderator:

What

Wow that is really cool. Thank you for posting it. Always liked the Queen, there is this respectability and dignity about her. Plus she knighted Terry Pratchett, gotta love that.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Looks good Andy. Hope the recipient will be pleased! But nothing like the stink bombs we made in chemistry..

navarro

Hi Andrew a fascinating video and your resources duly highlighted in my diary as a `Gift Source`

This then leads me into a little preamble concerning one of my illustrious ancestors Dr. Festus Navarrom Alchemist to King Henry the Eighth A recently unearthed document revealed the following dated January 10 1536. From the office of Thomas Cromwell. It read as follows.

Gentlemen Fayre Thee Well. His most Gracious Majesty Henry Tudor has put it upon my shoulders to commission an ungent or spirit which is to be contained in a phial under manufacture by the Artisans Of Genoa and duly presented to Queen Anne.

A sweet smelling concoction is request but not to contain rosaceae as My Lady has an aversion due to an affliction of the skin.

Signed Chief Minister Thomas Cromwell (Dispatche Kings Horse Rapide.)

The commission was duly completed by April 1536 unfortunately Poore Anne had been lodged in the tower by this date and was duly executed the following May.

A later hastily scribbled note on the parchment read `All was not lost however even though the Kings Exchequer refused to paye the bille. A devoted handmaiden to Anne on seeing the ladies head fall upon the floor rushed forward and sprinkled the brow with my ancestors concoction and swore ` She did see a fluttering of the eyelids. My ancestor capitalized on this and produced a very successful, commercially, brand of smelling salts, it`s slogan being ` Recommende by Heads of State.` Regards The past has a lot to reveal.N.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
Subscriber
Stunning and interesting too. Beautiful things on the link supplied by Pete. Aren't you clever? Well done.

Wish I still lived in Dacre Banks, I could pop along for some of your beautiful glassware, drop into Elliots for some cheese and Weatherheads for some meat then pop into the wine place for a bottle or 2. Oh I do miss the dales.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Wish I still lived in Dacre Banks, I could pop along for some of your beautiful glassware, drop into Elliots

Bad news Sue, Elliot's now closed due to not enough customers. Very sad, he had some tasty things and always had a great sense of humour. He will be missed.

Thanks to all for the good vibe, and especially Pete and Andrew (Saxplorer) for the Christmas plug. Any sales made from here will get a 10% donation to the charity. Can't post the prices online as it upsets our retailers but if you want to know prices just let me know via our website.

(I've just realised that Old Git now knows where I live and what I look like. Time to be afraid, very afraid!)

We have had a decent review of the project in The Guardian yesterday but in true Guarniad fashion they managed to get our names muddled!

Top Bottom