All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Blowin' In....

Filton

Hi all.

So I first started to blow a horn some 25 years ago after being hooked into the Crusaders but due to various pressures I had to concentrate on 'things with strings' and never really got a chance to get into Sax properly.

After 25 years of playing guitars and other strings I have now decided that life needs a new challenge and what better than to revisit those early sax musings. Unfortunately my current 'budget' for new instruments is somewhat limited until I work out which of my 'things with strings' I will sell to help fund a new horn. In the meantime I do have a Student Music Tenor which is at least functional as a basic practice horn. I do have it fitted with a Yam 5c piece and Runyon Lig which make it a little more fun to play with.

So I am going to find myself a teacher in the new year and get a little serious. I am sure that I will be able to find a teacher locally as I seem to live in a Sax area now being just up the road from Wooodwind & Brass Ltd. I have been reading with interest about their BW Saxes and may check them out when I have a bit of budget to get a slightly better instrument.

Some great info here - I am looking forward to learning from it :)

Sunray

Welcome to your new home - lol

Wotcha Mate ...

Ello Filton ...

Nice to meet you mate ...

I have a bruver in law down near you - Ashley Heath ...

Also there is some damn fine fishing on the Avon in your area mate ...

I have snatched a few salmon out of the cool waters thereabouts ... lol ;}

Have fun settling in here - ask away - cos some of these guys n gals really like to help ... :welldone

Me - I just like to poach a salmon or two .. lmao :w00t:

Filton

Welcome. Have fun. Beware GAS :w00t:
Hmm I think it is too late for that.. already having about 10 guitars (been a while since I counted) and a horrendous quantity of backline.

Still, it seems that quality sax hardware comes at a price so Imay have to quell the GAS for a while... :)

Thankjs for the welcomes :)

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Filton seasons greetings to you and welcome to sax central there's lot of interesting sax stuff going on here,hope you enjoy the company .....john

Young Col

Welcome to Caff Sax Filton. Lots of info already here but just ask if you can't find it.
YC

Taz

Busking Oracle
Filton's in da house... welcome to probably the best sax site on the planet!

Sunray

WC bar and Chain ...

Any relation to Ted? :))):))):)))
Surely Taz - you ought to give him fair title - did you mean

The Right Honourable Sir Edward Heath KG MBE

Or was it ...

Big Teddy from Woody Knoll, near Ashley Heath ???​

Last edited by a moderator:

Filton

Thanks all . .

It has only been a few weeks sinc I decided to pick up the Sax again and already I am totally hooked in.. I have a teacher and everything :)

visionari1

Hi Filton.
Welcome to the forum .... Better late than never.... Gas commeth sooner or later.
Enjoy

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom