Bloody pixies!

half diminished

Do you ever lose stuff? You know. You're using a screw driver, you put it down, you go to pick it up again...... it's gone!!

Well this week I bought to new CDs and I put them down (somewhere) but now can't find them. What's going on! I've searched everywhere but no luck.

I've not listened to them, added them to iTunes, nowt! Bugg@ :(

oldcorollas

as long as you put them down inside your house... you'll find them in the last place you look :)

recently i find myself searching for something for ages with no luck.. and then next time i need it i reach over and it is there..... it's either pixies or alternatives i prefer to deny/not think about :D

Young Col

Yeah, you're right Ian. I put my reading glasses down in my study/computer room yesterday and it took me ages to find them again. They're for ever going missing, or else the case for them. I lose all sorts of things like that, tools, CD cases, even bit of the food shopping sometimes..
My old Dad always said that "people" move things. I am beginning to think he was right.
Colin
(...where's my drink..)

Pee Dee

How old are you half dim? Some would say it's an age thing. That right OG?
I have invisible things in cupboards. I go to the cupboard for, say, a jar of coffee, and it's not there, in its usual place anyway. Must be the missus, put it somewhere else. So I have a search around, can't find it anywhere. Oh well, I'll have a cup of tea instead, back to the original cupboard, and there's the missing jar, in full view, right in front of me!!!
We had a spate of missing knives from the cutlery drawer once, and some weeks later it would turn up again, in the drawer!!
The number 3 and 33 is very prominent in our lives, and many times I awake in the night and look at the clock, and it will say 0233, 0433, etc, or 0300, 0333. Anyone who knows about numerology, will know we are ruled by numbers, and certain numbers are important in our lives.
Hey! Could this start a new thread of strange experiences, love to hear your ghost stories etc. Hope you don't mind half dim. it's your thread:)
Sorry about the abbreviation half dim. but I can't spell diminished:)))

OP
half diminished

half diminished

Found them!

They were in plain view in the CD rack where I keep all my jazz music. Who bloody moved em and who bloody put them! I looked there earlier today and they weren't there!

Thanks for your support :thankyou: , and for no support at all :w00t: . You know who you are!

tengu01

I am sure my place is infested with imps whose sole reason for existence is to move things the moment I've turned around. And then put them back the minute after you've looked in that one place for the 10th time and are convinced they've been spirited away

Glasses, wallet and pens are the usual suspects

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber
I have a house elf who 'tidies' things too. I have also managed to lose my marbles on many occasions.

jonf

It's just your wife, helpfully tidying up after you. Same thing in my house. I leave things where I know I can find them, and they get tidied to somewhere I'd never guess. But they're safely tidied.;}

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Subscriber
We have a cutomer who is a Law Lord. He drove up to the workshop a couple of months ago with a large packet of washing powder on top of his car still upright. A senior moment if ever there was one!

thehunt

How about this one, my wife was in the bathroom in her light blue dressing gown, i called her ( not knowing where she was ) she said i'm here, i looked in the bathroom off our bedroom, it was empty, so i went downstairs, could not find her, went back upstairs and there she was in the bathroom, it's not the first time. I spoke to a log in the garden the other night thinking it was one of my dogs... I'm losing the plot... :eek:

OP
half diminished

half diminished

How about this one, my wife was in the bathroom in her light blue dressing gown, i called her ( not knowing where she was ) she said i'm here, i looked in the bathroom off our bedroom, it was empty, so i went downstairs, could not find her, went back upstairs and there she was in the bathroom, it's not the first time. I spoke to a log in the garden the other night thinking it was one of my dogs... I'm losing the plot... :eek:
I'm having a real sh*te day - just a massive row with my boss!! :(

This didn't half make me laugh! So thanks for cheering me up. :welldone

I think you know the answer to your question........ :w00t:

Top Bottom