PPT mouthpieces

Blogs (outside Cafesaxophone)

half diminished

Locality
Buckinghamshire
Anyone do their own bog outside Cafesaxophone? My step daughter has been advised to start her own, she's trying to get into publishing on the creative writing side of things and it's been suggested she start a bog.

Any advice welcomed! Ta in advance. :)

she's trying to get into publishing on the creative writing side of things and it's been suggested she start a bog.

Good idea but I think a blog might smell better.

I would advise wordpress as a the blog software, the interface is very adapatable, lots of ready made styles and the support is now very good.

My advice would be that she gets her own domain name for a site, it looks much more professional than having the blog hosted by one of the dedicated blog hosting companies, but this does entail learning how to upload and install the PHP script.

Good idea but I think a blog might smell better.

I would advise wordpress as a the blog software, the interface is very adapatable, lots of ready made styles and the support is now very good.

My advice would be that she gets her own domain name for a site, it looks much more professional than having the blog hosted by one of the dedicated blog hosting companies, but this does entail learning how to upload and install the PHP script.

Pete

Thanks for the info. I can't afford the time to deal with the uploads and she is in no way technical (or interested) enough to do so. I did buy a domain for her 2 years ago but let it lapse in the new year as she never showed any interest and it needed me to pay for another period. Typically she is now interested, but for how long! Does it have to be in php?

So I need it to be simple to update and maintain as I am not going to do this.

I believe there are millions of sites who will do all the nuts and bolts and you just get the front end. When I was with 1 & 1 they did this, but in the end I found it very limiting.

Just do a google search for blog hosting, here's one example (not a recommendation, just one I found) that looks ideal. This way she would not need to do any PHP installation. What I would recommend though is that if she goes this route, she should make sure that one day if she needs to move then she has full rights to copy/download the database, otherwise she is tied to them forever or else would lose all the blogs if she ever did decide to use another host.

I believe there are millions of sites who will do all the nuts and bolts and you just get the front end. When I was with 1 & 1 they did this, but in the end I found it very limiting.

Just do a google search for blog hosting, here's one example (not a recommendation, just one I found) that looks ideal. This way she would not need to do any PHP installation. What I would recommend though is that if she goes this route, she should make sure that one day if she needs to move then she has full rights to copy/download the database, otherwise she is tied to them forever or else would lose all the blogs if she ever did decide to use another host.

Pete

Did you mean to add a link?

Here's one I found at $8 per month. Thoughts?

I use 1and1 myself so will check them out but they aren't that cheap, pretty good/stable though.

Back
Top Bottom