All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

'Black Coffee'

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
It needs a bit of work. A little more emphasis with the phrasing and pick up the back beat.

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
Cheers Colin, it was another one read and play. I'll be playing it some more so I'll see where I get to with it..

Chris..

thesaxman71

you REALLY need to start playing up an octave, it will be VERY good for your playing, this is not meant bad, just meant in a constructive way, time to explore more of the sax range Chris, and i think you know it too mon amigo.

edit...
saying the above, if you feel so happy in the low register then maybe look into playing baritone, this is the range you mainly play on your tenor. i LOVE playing baritone, the big fat beast is great to play.....

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
Hi Ian, tried a bari a couple of yrs ago. Ended up damaging a nerve in my neck causing a dead left hand:eek:. All sorted now but it still goes off every now and then but I know how to fix it. As for the upper octave/full range, I know I will honest:) As always thanks for the feedback..

Chris..

U CAN CALL ME AL

Café Supporter
Locality
Undy Monmouthshire U.K.
Hi Chris enjoyed the post.

This is one number that I always play on bari.

Two points only
1. I found the backing bland look for something a little livelier.
2. Play with either a much more laid back style or really dirty. Even better combine the two.

Listen to a few sung versions learn or become familiar with some of the lyrics it will give you a better feel when playing the melody.

Nice noodles.

Regards Alun

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
Hi Alun, I suppose it doesn't help using a jazz ballad trio to play a blues. I'll dig out the lyrics and have a look and a listen. I've just finished a nice Bluesy backing for this, so I might post another version>:). Thanks for the comments..

Chris..

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom