support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

BIRD the movie 7th June 23.45 on TCM

Thanks for letting us know about this programme, i'm off on tuesdays so will be watching this :) it'll be a good night for me.

Parrjazz at 8pm back home at 12ish then watch the "Bird" :thankyou:

This is a great movie. Watch it if you get a chance. I heard an interview with Red Rodney some time back where he discussed the movie. Of course, he said that there was a bit of embellishment to the story, and that some good stuff was left out, but that all in all it was fairly accurate and based on fact. It's good to combine this movie with the Parker portion of the documentary by Ken Burns about the history of jazz. There's also plenty of written biographical information available about Parker that helps keep everything in perspective and complete the story.

Randy
www.randyhunterjazz.com
Lessons page: www.beginningsax.com/Jazz Improv Lessons.htm

Will they be featuring a Runyon 22 mouthpiece in the film or a Brilhart Ebolin...........? And I wonder who will play Santy Runyon, if featured.

I got the DVD a while back - good movie accept I thought they could have got someone who looked a lot more like the real Bird - I know Forrest is a good actor, but it really kinda ruined it for me :-( Just read the Biography 'Bird' really enjoyed that.

Being shown again on TCM 4th October 11.25 pm....

As notified by http://www.findanyfilm.com/ - didn't realise it would continue with my original request some months ago, but just received a reminder - great resourse from lottery dosh!

Will you post to Germany?

That offer is from Amazon mate ... You'll have to ask them ... :)))

If it was an offer from me - I would make a donation to Pete's Charity ... an Post it in the Yard ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the DVD a while back - good movie accept I thought they could have got someone who looked a lot more like the real Bird - I know Forrest is a good actor, but it really kinda ruined it for me :-( Just read the Biography 'Bird' really enjoyed that.
Same here Tobes. He is always so earnest in whatever part he plays. I was a little disappointed when he was cast as Bird.
I read a biography years ago called Bird Lives which was excellent. Don't know if it's still in print.
Andy

That offer is from Amazon mate ... You'll have to ask them ... :)))

If it was an offer from me - I would make a donation to Pete's Charity ... an Post it in the Yard ...

Got me twice there, was in such a hurry I didn't notice the wrong forum or the link....

Postage here was a couple of pounds, so I ordered it. Thanks!