All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Big Day

PeakeCentral

Locality
Tewkesbury
Well, today was the first day I performed in public* for a long time. Our school jazz band was playing at Cheltenham Jazz Festival, so it was time to step up.

Overall, brilliant. The time flew by, I managed a couple of solos, and it was over before we knew it. I feel really lucky to work at a school with a great music department who encourage people like me to play. Good job most of the kids are better than I!

Martin

*first time with a sax, that is.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Great news, it's always good to hear of successes :)

Jx

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
Café Supporter
Locality
The Millenium Falcon
Agree with Taz, there will be no stopping you now. Well done

PeakeCentral

Locality
Tewkesbury
Taz, Sue, I believe you may be quite correct! Watching The Commitments the night before didn't help, though...

Sue

Café Supporter
Locality
The Millenium Falcon
Taz, Sue, I believe you may be quite correct! Watching The Commitments the night before didn't help, though...

I bloody love that film. I've watched it so many times that no one will watch it with me anymore cos I quote it all the way through and get on everyone's nerves. I don't care cos I can sing as loud and as off key as I like along to all the great tunes. My favourite line is "on a fekkin Suzuki?"

Anyway keep playing, it's addictive

• Funny
Reactions: Taz

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
I bloody love that film. I've watched it so many times that no one will watch it with me anymore cos I quote it all the way through and get on everyone's nerves. I don't care cos I can sing as loud and as off key as I like along to all the great tunes. My favourite line is "on a fekkin Suzuki?"

Anyway keep playing, it's addictive
:rofl:

PeakeCentral

Locality
Tewkesbury
My favourite line is "on a fekkin Suzuki?"

Colm Meaney at his best - with his picture of Elvis above the one of the Pope.

One of my sons said something before the gig, and I just had to say "I'm sorry you doubt me, brother Rabbitte".

Last edited by a moderator:

Sue

Café Supporter
Locality
The Millenium Falcon

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
Liverpool ( Pool of Life )
Congrats Martin :clapping:

I was listening to clippets of the jazz festival on radio 2, seems a great festival to visit.

PeakeCentral

Locality
Tewkesbury
I was listening to clippets of the jazz festival on radio 2, seems a great festival to visit.

We went to see two totally different acts. Jamie Cullum was amazing, with a host of amazing musicians making a hell of a noise and some great sax solos. Then on Saturday it was Robert Cray with his other three band members. Both memorable events.

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom