Tutorials

Accessories BG Shoulder Strap.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Please don't let Young Col or Smiffy read or comment on this topic. The ST-8 is beginning to feel heavy, must be the silver and gold plating and my neck is beginning to protest.

Knew this was coming as the Doctors warned me a long time ago that the human neck was not designed to support a brain the size of mine, which is only marginally smaller than Marvin's. Have no wish to go down the harness route, as one saxophonist I know, uses the BG Harness and it has started to affect him, he asked for some 'Victoria's Secret' lower undergarments for Christmas.

If anyone has experience of this item, did it work for them?

All opinions and experiences gratefully received.

half diminished

In the absence of comment from Smiffy and Young Col

Sure you want all opinions? >:)

You might want to check out Zimmer who I am told have some good advice in such cirumstances.

Also their special 'aid' can be modified to carry a saxophone I have heard. :w00t:

Never personally got on with Victoria's Secret lingerie.

Young Col

You see Bill? It's not only me and Smiffy. The truth will out; that's democracy for you. I thought the gold and silver round your neck was all that Mr T-like bling. However, if the added weight of the Hanson means you need support, then I am sure learned colleagues will guide you on the applicability of the BG.

....and there's me thinking the reason you shuffle along the Addiscombe Road with your head down is because you are looking for dropped £1 coins.
Colin (I'm off...)

Chris98

Dear Old Git,

Had you thought of getting an alto? Or possibly, maybe, dare I say it, sitting down?

Lighting the blue touch paper and retiring...

Chris

OP
old git

old git

Tremendous Bore
Thank you for the responses so far but as Mr. Julian will confirm that double straps on a melodeon are too restrictive and the alternative of chasing your Cajun box on a single strap or sitting down and resting it demurely on a knee is too Sharon Shannon, melodeon's equivalent of Miss Dulfer. Sitting down also makes make my signature trick of performing triple standing backward summersaults whilst playing the three final low Bbs of 'Night Train' more difficult.:sax:

Thanks Mr. Coughlin but it reminds me too much of the straitjacket we have to keep Colin in when he is not polishing the Zimmer.>:)

Seriously, any users and I'm not playing the fool this time.

half diminished

What is wrong with 'nosaxyet'?
You will say, "But I have saxes, many in fact." but does that matter? It is only a user name. Mine 'old git' is nothing like me, I am a nineteen year old who occasionally does Page Three for The Sun.
Ang on a mo. What about this Page Three work? Is that giving you the back problems? Maybe you should hang up your.... oor er missus :w00t:

OP
old git

old git

Tremendous Bore
Never mind the alto. What you need is one of these...
http://www.eppelsheim.com/tubax_bb.php?lang=en
Just walk up to it and blow :sax:
Good idea but Young Col couldn't move it when we do gigs. Might need roadies or Bishop's Move instead.

Bought the shoulder strap after looking at the yoke but the thought of "The yoke's on you." finished it's chances. Tried it for a 25 minute blow and the neck doesn't hurt.

Any one know what cures a sore shoulder innit.

Young Col

Not me. Your dear and probably more sensible friend Mr Julian sugested it. You'd have room - stand it outside on the drawbridge and have the mpc poking through the window.

Young Col

Just realised I misread your post. Thought you were attributing the idea of getting one to me, but I see you think I couldn't lift it.Quite so. Would do my neck in, so It's still right to stand it outside where a mobile crane would transport it for you.

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Top Bottom