support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

Beuscher True Tone Tenorsax ??

Adrian63

Locality
United Kingdom
Mornin all. I am determined to source a tenor that i am happy with for the forseeable. I still have a borrowed horn and have sold on the B&M Champion to bolster my funds. Sure; a 10M, a S20; would do me fine if i had that kind of cash. Thing is i dont and need to be more realistic in the short term. I reckon a True tone is the way forward. Great horn at a more realistic price. I am gonna check out E bay but thought it may be an idea to run it by your good selves also. So Yeah!! wanted to buy; Beuscher True Tone Tenorsax. Please pm me. Many Thanks; have a good week. Ade:):)

Thats a great site Chris; Thankyou. A nice horn at a decent price. Any horn from Steve Crow has got to be worth having DHM, Thanks for the link dude. For once i am gonna sit back on this one; take a little time !! Cheers; Ade:)

That 6M looks like a fabulous buy. re-padded and overhauled too .

Sorry, haven`t a clue what made me think of Altos , premature dementia probably, I`ve started practice of all the Carols again for Christmas .......

Not a Beuscher TT tenor ... but a very nice Grassi tenor "Jade" model (green pads and rollers) in mint condition from late 60's(?). Strong player. Around £ 300.00. But it's here in Sweden

Ads; Thanks dude. I sent of an e mail to check out that last horn. Good price and in Manchester, so only an hour away tops. Ade

From the bell keys, it's either a late (series IV) aristocrat or a 400.

Edit - it's an aristocrat, the 400s had an underslung octave key.

Cheers Kev; hope you are good mate. So, that is not the horn for me. If it is gonna be a Beuscher, it really has to be a True tone. Plenty of decent tenors on E bay right now and no real hurry. Ade:)

Thanks Kev; hope you are good mate. It really needs to be a True tone. Some decent horns on e bay right now and no real hurry. Ade:)

Not sure why you're fixed on a True Tone, that looks good and if it plays OK, it'll be good value. You can check the year from the serial number - maybe ask the seller, but I'd guess it'll sound every bit as good as a True Tone.

Why not try a Selmer Bundy II. They used the True Tone when they designed the Bundy II in the early 20's. A little more modern sound compare to the TT's. Listen to blussaxophonist Eddie Shaw, he is on a Bundy II.

Trevor Jones in Bristol have one advertised for £699 I think

I`m not sure if Buescher pieces are that great, aren`t they very basic Brilharts renamed ? . could be wrong but that`s what I was told . the Clarinet ones even have Brilhart on them, in fact are called "Brilhart Special" but aren`t very special at all, no better than a stock buffet one .

Back
Top Bottom